|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Burial Casket Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Burial Casket Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Burial Casket Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Burial Casket Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Burial Casket Manufacturing
Burial Caskets And Coffins, Completely Lined And Trimmed, Adult Sizes Only, Metal
Burial Caskets And Coffins, Completely Lined And Trimmed, Adult Sizes Only, Wood
Burial Caskets And Coffins, Other Types (Including Burial Boxes And Vaults (Excluding Concrete And Stone), Casket Shells, Casket
Burial Casket Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Burial Casket Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Burial Casket Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Burial Casket Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Burial Casket Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Burial Casket Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Burial Casket Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Another burial gone awry, Montgomery County cemetery owner sued - “We went through the whole ceremony, then the funeral parlor took her back and put her back in the refrigerator, which is unbelievable.” David Waxler, the vice president of finance at a pharmaceutical manufacturing ... to carry the casket because ... (11/11/2017)
- From chocolates to caskets - “Business is great. I have been in the business for six years; we do casket manufacturing. We are a supplier to a number of funeral homes as far away from Richmond as Westmoreland and Trelawny,” Mrs Britton told the team from Jamaica Observer North and ... (04/25/2016)
- The Taxonomy of the Jewish Casket - However, we make a lot of very nice high-end caskets ... me to film the manufacturing process. And from a film-making perspective, his factory was heaven. The weeks prior to my visit I read a lot about the history of Jewish burial traditions but ... (06/23/2015)
- Casket-making lawmaker helps kill bill allowing alternative to burial - Dick Hamm conjured in a speech on the floor of the Indiana House that helped sink a bill that would have legalized a new alternative to traditional burial. But in doing ... source of competition to his two casket manufacturing businesses. (03/20/2015)
- Then & Now: National Casket Company firm among Oneida’s biggest, oldest - In 1879, because of the success of their casket and funeral supply business ... with John Maxwell coming from Rochester to operate the manufacturing end and Chappell devoting himself to building up sales. At this time, too, the factory in Rochester ... (01/06/2015)
- Wilbert Funeral Services building facility in Republic - WFSI operates various organizations, most serving the funeral industry, including burial vault manufacturing and cemetery services, caskets, and cremation products and services. In addition, its SI Precast Concrete division serves other industries with ... (09/23/2014)
- US casket producers compete with China - A growing business trend in the casket-manufacturing industry has got one local business ... “It has affected our business somewhat,” he said. “There are some funeral homes in Indiana that are importing caskets directly from China in large numbers.” (05/12/2010)
- Funeral home: Phillies casket is for a ‘die-hard’ fan - A Phillies funeral casket - the first on view in the region ... The company negotiates licensing deals, works up designs for urns and caskets, and farms out the manufacturing, said chief executive Clint Mytych. Among the available brands are the Vatican ... (02/12/2009)
- 10 Things Your Funeral Director Won't Tell You - ... when most of the larger casket-manufacturing centers are willing to deliver a casket either the same day or by the morning of the next day. 9. "At the crematorium, anything goes." In 2002 the funeral industry and the general public were appalled by ... (08/29/2005)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $389,327 on Burial Casket Manufacturing. It has awarded 18 contracts to 9 companies, with an average value of $43,259 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Caskets, burial, manufacturing, Vaults (except concrete) manufacturing, Burial vaults (except concrete, stone) manufacturing, Burial caskets and cases manufacturing, etc.