|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Dental Equipment And Supplies Manufacturing
Dental Equipment And Supplies, Professional
Dental Equipment And Supplies, Laboratory
Dental Equipment And Supplies Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||23%|
|Medical, Dental, and Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians||15%|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||9%|
Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- What’s next for 3D printing in 2018? The Additive Manufacturing expert perspective - EnvisionTEC is one of many 3D printer manufacturers who have been racing to provide the dental market ... in industries like industrial products, automotive, and oil and gas. Fourth, will be the expansion of additive manufacturing as a production technology. (01/02/2018)
- Profile: Q & M Dental Group (Singapore) Ltd (QMDT.SI) - It operates through the primary healthcare, dental equipment & supplies distribution and dental supplies manufacturing segments. Primary healthcare consists of dentistry, family medicine and aesthetic services. Dental equipment & supplies distribution ... (12/29/2017)
- Global Dental Equipment and Supplies Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - The dental equipment and supplies market comprises all organizations that engage in the manufacturing and marketing of dental equipment and accessories for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to teeth and gums. Dental surgeries and treatment ... (12/22/2017)
- Trends in Dental Diagnostic & Surgical Equipment Market by Production Market Analysis and Regional Market Performance - Market shares and strategies of key players, Manufacturing Analysis of Dental Diagnostic & Surgical Equipment, Sales Market Forecast ... limit, generation, supply, request and market development rate and figure and so on. Dental Diagnostic & Surgical ... (12/04/2017)
- Dental products firm expands facility in Alsip - The dental products company manufactures items such as impression materials for crafting a crown or cap, cements, sealants, denture bases, and orthodontic equipment ... In part to create more manufacturing space and bring under operations, such as the ... (07/10/2017)
- Research and Markets: Dental Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing: State Industry Market Evaluator - has announced the addition of the "339114 Dental Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing: State Industry Market Evaluator" report to their offering. This State Industry Market Evaluator reports on industry trends broken out for each US state. Each state sub ... (02/15/2012)
- Drilling down customers’ ideas helps improve dental equipment - Chicago-based manufacturer Hu-Friedy Manufacturing ... products. Most companies should do more to get feedback, but they are bogged down in day-to-day duties and don't take the time. That's a missed opportunity, Calkins said. Hu-Friedy, which sells dental ... (03/22/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $43,712,187 on Dental Equipment & Supplies Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,709 contracts to 195 companies, with an average value of $224,165 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Sterilizers, dental, manufacturing, Cutting instruments, Enamels, Ultrasonic dental equipment manufacturing, Dental glues and cements manufacturing, Dental instrument delivery systems manufacturing, Dental wax manufacturing, Chairs, dentist's, Tools, dentists', Dental hand instruments (e.g., forceps) manufacturing, Drills, Autoclaves, Denture materials manufacturing, Dental chairs manufacturing, Amalgams, Dental equipment and instruments manufacturing, Orthodontic appliances manufacturing, Points, abrasive dental, Dental alloys for amalgams manufacturing, Dental laboratory equipment manufacturing, Furnaces, dental laboratory, Teeth (except customized) manufacturing, Cements, Glue, Dental impression materials manufacturing, Abrasive points, wheels, and disks, Impression material, etc.