|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Dental Laboratories
Overview: the U.S. Dental Laboratories Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Dental Laboratories:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Dental Laboratories industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Dental Equipment And Supplies, Professional
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Dental Laboratories company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Dental Laboratories industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Dental Laboratories measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||23%|
|Medical, Dental, and Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians||15%|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||9%|
Dental Laboratories Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- “Digital Dentistry, What a Dentist Should Know.” - Dr. Kachelmeyer continues to work part time in private practice, serves as an adjunct assistant clinical professor at the Marquette University School of Dentistry, and co-owns and operates a dental laboratory as a Certified Dental Technician. Dr. William O ... (01/10/2018)
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. (XRAY) Dips 4.17% for January 09 - Dentsply Sirona Inc is a designer, developer, manufacturer and marketer of consumable dental products for the professional dental market. It also manufactures and markets other consumable medical device products. With its headquarters located in York ... (01/10/2018)
- Europe Digital Dental X-ray Market to Flourish with an Impressive CAGR During 2016 - 2021 - Based on end user, the market is segmented into Dental Clinic, Dental Labs. The Europe market has been geographically segmented into Germany, U.K, France, Spain, and Italy. The Europe had high CAGR during the forecast period. The reasons for the same might ... (01/09/2018)
- SmarTech Report Says Dental 3D Printing Market Flourishes in 2017, Will Grow to $9.5B by 2027 - but 3D printing is outpacing milling growth thanks to its abilities in areas which provide a high degree of value-add for both dental laboratory technicians, dentists, orthodontists, and oral surgeons. Over the next ten years, SmarTech Publishing ... (01/09/2018)
- Learning from a laboratory experiment - For over 12 years we have enjoyed the benefits of having an in-house dental laboratory on the premises. Initially this was a small and tentative venture with three technicians, which at the time rather bucked the trend of using outsourced laboratory work. (01/05/2018)
- Digital Toolset Facilitates Lab-Quality Restorations in Chairside Environment - These advanced tools are linked to the intuitive glidewell.io interface, from which users can collaborate with Glidewell Laboratories, design and mill dental restorations, and access on-demand support. The glidewell.io user experience is simplified as a ... (01/03/2018)
- Dental crown and bridge treatment may be faster and cheaper with new technology - Dental crowns are replacement teeth made to match a ... During the consultation, a patient gets fitted for an impression, which the dentist turns into a form. The laboratory will scan the form using a 3D scanner and create two sets of data - one for ... (12/30/2017)
- The World Dental Needle Market is Projected to Grow Massive CAGR of 5.4% by 2023 - The global dental needle market is expected to grow at an approximate ... MORITA CORP. (Asia Pacific), EXELINT International, Co. (U.S.), TSK Laboratory Europe B.V. (Asia Pacific), and others. At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers ... (12/29/2017)
- New Image Dental Lab - How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click the button below to request that it be added. (12/28/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $27,858,649 on Dental Laboratories. It has awarded 508 contracts to 84 companies, with an average value of $331,651 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bridges, custom made in dental laboratories, Dental laboratories, Dentures, Orthodontic appliance, Teeth, etc.