Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing
Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||23%|
|Medical, Dental, and Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians||15%|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||9%|
Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Angel 7 Industries||7|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- European Equity Benchmarks Close Mixed; Investors Favor Banks, Sell Health Care Stocks - Compared to the previous three months, production rose an estimated 1.2%, which was mainly attributed to a rise of 1.4% in manufacturing. The ONS also reported that the total UK trade (goods and services ... company Danone, and ophthalmic optics company ... (01/10/2018)
- Perrigo Announces Tentative FDA Approval For The Generic Version Of Prolensa® Ophthalmic Solution 0.07% - Prolensa ® (bromfenac ophthalmic solution ... model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network. Perrigo is one of ... (01/03/2018)
- Report explores the medical device testing market worth 12.26 billion USD by 2023 - As a result, outsourcing TIC services helps manufacturers reduce the overall cost of testing. Demand for outsourcing TIC services to third-party vendors is increasing for applications, such as consumer goods and manufacturing owing to the capital-intensive ... (01/03/2018)
- Chart of the Day: Manufacturing output up 21.3% in December - Singapore's manufacturing output increased 21.3% in December 2016 ... The medical technology segment also grew 19.0% with higher output of medical instruments and ophthalmic goods. In 2016, output of the biomedical manufacturing cluster grew 13.6% compared ... (01/27/2017)
- Research and Markets: Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade 2011 Edition - Revenue for the Year 2010 Was Approximately $5.9 Billion USD - LLC's new report "Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2011 Edition]" to their offering. The Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing Industry report contains the most recent data and analysis on the industry's key ... (04/11/2011)
- Response to eyes, economics and the environment: should green issues drive changes in ophthalmic care? - 2 An article by Bhutta 3 reveals the complexity of the instrument-manufacturing industry ... how much easier should it be for non-perishable goods? The cost of individual items would actually go down, because most items would require only minimal reshaping ... (12/17/2010)
- Dumping duty on Chinese plastic lenses proposed - Plastic ophthalmic lenses are used in spectacles and these lenses are imported in finished, uncut form, ready to mount in spectacle frames. In its final findings, notified recently, the authority said the subject goods originating in or exported from China ... (03/04/2004)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $38,320,724 on Ophthalmic Goods Manufacturing. It has awarded 894 contracts to 151 companies, with an average value of $253,780 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Contact lenses manufacturing, Eyes, glass and plastics, manufacturing, Lens polishing, ophthalmic, Lens mounts, Sunglasses and goggles manufacturing, Eyeglass frames (i.e., fronts and temples), Lenses, Lens grinding, ophthalmic (except in retail stores), Temples and fronts (i.e., eyeglass frames), Lens coating, Magnifiers, corrective vision-type, Goggles (e.g., industrial, safety, sun, underwater) manufacturing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.