Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
Product & Services BreakdownResearch products and services in the Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing industry generating sales. Note that products are broken into categories with different levels of classification.
|Product Description||Sales ($ millions)||Percent of Total Sales|
Electromedical And Electrotherapeutic Apparatus Manufacturing
Surgical And Medical Instrument Manufacturing
Surgical And Medical Instruments
Surgical Appliance And Supplies Manufacturing
Surgical Appliances And Supplies, Including Orthopedic, Prosthetic, And Therapeutic
Hospital Beds And Specialized Hospital Furniture
Personal Safety Equipment And Clothing, Industrial And Nonindustrial
Surgical Appliance And Supplies Manufacturing, Not Categorized, Total
Other Secondary Products
Total Miscellaneous Receipts
Resales - Sales Of Products Bought And Sold Without Further Manufacture, Processing, Or Assembly
Contract Work - Receipts For Work Done For Others On Their Materials
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||13%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||15%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||23%|
|Medical, Dental, and Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians||15%|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||9%|
Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Biomet Sports Medicine||203|
|Total Resources International|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Dental Surgical Equipment Market, 2024 - INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Dental Surgical ... Appliances Dental Equipment Leasing An Affordable Alternative to Access High-end Equipment Growing Demand for Refurbished Equipment Emerges As Key Concern Stringent Regulatory Environment Affects Equipment ... (10/19/2017)
- Iraq Healthcare (Surgical Procedures) Market Expected to Reach USD USD 530.3 Million by 2022 - According to a new industry assessment published by Transparency Market Research - 'Iraq Healthcare (Surgical Procedures ... for import and distribution of all medical appliances, pharmaceuticals, laboratory equipment, and medical equipment for all ... (08/15/2017)
- Corporate News Blog - RTI Surgical(R) Divests Cardiothoracic Closure Business to A&E Medical Corp. - As per the agreement, RTI Surgical will continue to support the cardiothoracic business under A&E Medical's ownership through the manufacturing of existing products and the engineering, development, and manufacturing of potential future products. (08/07/2017)
- Top 5 Vendors in the Dental Surgical Equipment Market From 2017 to 2021: Technavio - “The manufacturers prefer investing in product development ... hand instruments, orthodontic appliances, sterilization products, surgical equipment, basic and advanced technology dental equipment, and patient education systems. Looking for more ... (07/27/2017)
- Home Appliance Makers Cash in on Fine Dust Pollution Concerns - Manufacturers of home appliances are turning growing concerns about toxic fine dust pollution being blown over from the Chinese ... as demonstrated by the large number of people walking around with surgical masks. But another factor is that the technology ... (04/18/2017)
- Medical supplies would be hit by Trump's proposed 20% tax on Mexican imports - Medical distributors and manufacturers ... of these products into the U.S. represented $84.7 billion for pharmaceutical-related products; $20 billion for medical, surgical, dental or veterinarian instruments; $9.5 billion for orthopedic appliances ... (01/27/2017)
- Osceola high-tech manufacturing center breaks ground - is expected create a new hub for manufacturing, attracting thousands of jobs and eventually growing into a $200 million project. The sensors would be used in appliances, cars, surgical devices, mobile phones and other technology – known as smart sensors. (10/17/2014)
- SIGMA Helps Redesign Surgical Supplies Stand for USA Market Relaunch - So the surgical cabinet drawings needed to be reworked from the metric system to the US Unit system (based on inches) for manufacturing ... products in the USA. We specialize in complex mechanisms, electro-mechanical devices, and analytical systems and ... (05/01/2012)
- Research and Markets: Surgical Appliance and Supplies Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition] - LLC's updated report "Surgical Appliance and Supplies Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. Definition & Classification This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in ... (07/20/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,300,321,849 on Surgical Appliance & Supplies Manufacturing. It has awarded 79,901 contracts to 2,900 companies, with an average value of $448,387 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Gloves, rubber (e.g., electrician's, examination, household-type, surgeon's), manufacturing, Sterilizers, hospital and surgical, Stretchers, medical, Supports, orthopedic (e.g., abdominal, ankle, arch, kneecap), Orthopedic device manufacturing and sale in retail environment, Sutures, surgical, Orthopedic extension shoes manufacturing, Foot appliances, orthopedic, Corsets, Gauze, made from purchased fabric, Colostomy appliances manufacturing, Vacuum pumps, laboratory-type, Space suits manufacturing, Laboratory-type sample preparation apparatus manufacturing, Suits, space, Life preservers manufacturing, Arch supports, Incubators, infant, Clean room suits and accessories manufacturing, firefighting, Radiation shielding aprons, gloves, and sheeting manufacturing, Intra ocular lenses manufacturing, Orthopedic hosiery, elastic, Hard hats manufacturing, Cotton tipped applicators manufacturing, Autoclaves, laboratory-type (except dental), Nose and ear plugs manufacturing, Surgical implants manufacturing, Tapes, medical adhesive, Personal safety devices, not specified elsewhere, Hospital beds manufacturing, Noise protectors, personal, Shoes, orthopedic extension, Limbs, artificial, Wheelchairs manufacturing, Depressors, tongue, Splints manufacturing, Crutches and walkers manufacturing, Hydrotherapy equipment manufacturing, Operating room tables manufacturing, Intrauterine devices manufacturing, Orthopedic canes manufacturing, Whirlpool baths (i.e., hydrotherapy equipment) manufacturing, Metal fabric and mesh safety gloves manufacturing, First aid, snake bite, or burn kits manufacturing, Welder's hoods manufacturing, Firefighting suits and accessories manufacturing, Furniture, hospital, specialized (e.g., hospital beds, operating room furniture), Tongue depressors manufacturing, Surgical supplies (except medical instruments) manufacturing, Adhesive tape, Hosiery, orthopedic support, Dressings, Beds, Orthopedic devices manufacturing, Infant incubators manufacturing, Iron lungs manufacturing, Surgical dressings manufacturing, Cotton and cotton balls, absorbent, Bulletproof vests manufacturing, Bandages and dressings, surgical and orthopedic, Dryers, Implants, Elastic hosiery, Respiratory protection mask manufacturing, Gas masks manufacturing, Drapes, disposable, Bunsen burners manufacturing, Laboratory-type evaporation apparatus manufacturing, Corn remover and bunion pad manufacturing, Prosthetic appliances and supplies manufacturing, Gynecological supplies and appliances manufacturing, Helmets (except athletic), safety (e.g., motorized vehicle crash helmets, space helmets), Hospital furniture, Blood testing apparatus, Cervical collars manufacturing, Restraints, patient, Traction apparatus manufacturing, Biohazard protective clothing and accessories manufacturing, Artificial limbs manufacturing, Ultrasonic medical cleaning equipment manufacturing, etc.