Knit Fabric Mills Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Knit Fabric Mills
Overview: the U.S. Knit Fabric Mills Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Knit Fabric Mills:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Knit Fabric Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Knit Fabric Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Knit Fabric Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Knit Fabric Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Knit Fabric Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||48%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||37%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||24%|
|Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||8%|
|Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||11%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Knit Fabric Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Camilla Franklin chosen to lead Tricots-Liesse bedding segment launch - Stretch-knit supplier Tricots-Liesse Inc. has named industry veteran ... She also has worked with AEC Narrow Fabrics and Lava, and has consulted independently for bedding major Serta Simmons Bedding LLC and other mattress makers. Franklin reports to ... (01/10/2018)
- The Primark scarf for under a fiver identical to £350 Burberry version - Chunky knits, hats ... being 'made at a 200-year-old mill in the Scottish countryside'. The product description goes on to explain that it is made 'using 30 different steps, the scarf is woven on traditional looms. The fabric is washed in local spring ... (01/09/2018)
- Applied Material, Treehouse Foods, Sumco, Acushnet Holdings and Great Southern as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day - That would be hosiery and sock mills, textile and fabric finishing mills, other apparel knitting mills & curtain and linen mills. The job counts do not look as high as people think, though I bet most of the jobs damage was done earlier. The wages lost are ... (01/09/2018)
- FASHION AWARDS: SUPPLIER/VENDOR OF THE YEAR AWARD - Antex Knitting Mills Antex Knitting Mills is a vertical knitting, dyeing, printing, and finishing company established in Los Angeles in 1973. The company produces approximately 1.5 million yards of fabric per week. Its traditional business is to provide ... (01/09/2018)
- Fiber Market Set to Return to Old Slater Mill - The RI Hook & Needle Guild will hold their annual bake sale, and the Slater Mill Book Shop will be chock full of books and gifts. “We have a great model running, but still we try to improve Knitting Weekend every year. This year we’ve adding a fabric ... (01/07/2018)
- Polartec unveils ingenious new Power Fill insulation fabric at ISPO trade show - The fabric technology company has a heritage stretching back more than a century. It began as the family-owned Malden Mills of Massachusetts in 1906 – producing wool-knit bathing suits, workmen’s sweaters and uniforms to keep American soldiers warm ... (01/02/2018)
- America’s 25 dying industries include sound studios, textiles, newspapers - Textile and fabric finishing mills Employment change 2007-2016 ... annual wage: $37,529 The other apparel knitting mills industry classification includes knitting of outerwear, underwear, and nightwear. Like many other industries in the United States ... (12/28/2017)
- Clothing giant Stitch Fix buys Mohnton Knitting Mills - Sterley St. in Shillington, that were formerly home to the Mohnton Knitting Mills. It paid $210,000 and $90,000 respectively ... our first Manufacturing facility," read a Stitch Fix ad. "Fabric made in the Shillington location will be completed by our ... (11/24/2017)
- Woolstock Knit & Sew shop just keeps growing - So successful is her business, Woolstock Knit & Sew, that last fall Solomon moved into larger quarters at 4830 Butler Road. She stocks yarn and fabric and offers fee-based ... not for creativity," said Solomon, an Owings Mills resident, married and a ... (10/13/2014)
- Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills Industry Group in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade Report - The Textile and Fabric Finishing and Fabric Coating Mills industry group report provides in-depth ... Except Socks (dyeing and finishing sheer hosiery without knitting sheer hosiery); 2252 - Hosiery, NEC (dyeing and finishing hosiery , except sheer ... (08/15/2008)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $15,565,484 on Knit Fabric Mills. It has awarded 168 contracts to 15 companies, with an average value of $1,037,699 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bedspreads and bed sets made in lace mills, Knitting warp or weft fabric, Tablecloths made in lace mills, Warp or weft fabrics knitting, Lace products (except apparel) made in lace mills, Fabrics, lace, made in lace mills, Textile products (except apparel) made in warp or weft knitting mills, Tablecloths made in warp or weft knitting mills, Bedspreads and bed sets made in warp or weft knitting mills, Lace manufacturing, Netting made on a lace or net machine, Netting made in warp or weft knitting mills, Hand knitting lace or warp fabric products, Knitting lace, Bags and bagging fabrics made in warp or weft knitting mills, Textile products (except apparel) made in lace mills, Pile fabrics made in warp or weft knitting mills, Knitting and finishing lace, knit, made in warp or weft knit fabric mills, Knitting and finishing warp or weft fabric, Circular (i.e., weft) fabrics knitting, Towels and washcloths made in warp or weft knitting mills, Curtains made in lace mills, Flat (i.e., warp) fabrics knitting, Dishcloths made in warp or weft knitting mills, Curtains made in warp or weft knitting mills, etc.