Nonwoven Fabric Mills Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Nonwoven Fabric Mills
Overview: the U.S. Nonwoven Fabric Mills Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Nonwoven Fabric Mills:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Nonwoven Fabric Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Nonwoven Fabric Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Nonwoven Fabric Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Nonwoven Fabric Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Nonwoven Fabric Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||48%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||37%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||24%|
|Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||8%|
|Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||11%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Nonwoven Fabric Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Fabrics Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017 - Fabric Mills include broad woven fabric mills, narrow fabric mills, non-woven fabric mills and knit fabric mills. They are engaged in weaving fabrics, felts and narrow fabrics and they also further finish and fabricate fabric products. Asia was the largest ... (01/26/2017)
- Manufacturer to invest $13M, bring 130 new jobs to York County - A manufacturer of non-woven industrial fabrics will build a 150,000-square-foot facility in Fort Mill’s Lakemont Business Park. Oxco, Inc., a Charlotte-based light manufacturer, will move its operations to Fort Mill over the next year, with plans to hire ... (01/26/2017)
- German company bringing 46 jobs, $18M plant to Mills River - A Geman manufacturer of fire and heat retardant fabrics will build its first North American plant in Mills River, an $18.1-million investment ... produces and sells high-performance, specialty, non-woven fabrics to buyers that span numerous markets ... (11/10/2016)
- Norafin picks Mills River for first U.S. plant - The governor's office Monday formally announced Monday that fabrics manufacturer ... facility in Mills River, investing $16 million and creating 46 jobs. The German company develops, produces and sells high-performance, specialty, non-woven fabrics across ... (11/08/2016)
- JOBS GLOOM: Kimberly-Clark plans 2015 mill closure - KIMBERLY-Clark Australia will close its Albury nonwoven fabrics mill in the second half of next year, axing 44 jobs. The 27-year-old plant was closed from 2pm yesterday while staff were told of the company’s decision during two briefings. The company’s ... (10/28/2014)
- CRISIL ratings for Indian debt instruments-Apr 25 - COMPANY INSTRUMENT RATING AMOUNT MOVEMENT (RS.MLN) ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- SHORT TERM RATINGS: ----- Annamalaiar Mills ... Summer India Textile Mills P Ltd WC Demand Loan CRISIL D 115.6 Suspended Supreme Nonwoven Industries ... (04/25/2013)
- Fabric sources Burlington Technologies, Bentex Mills merge - BURLINGTON, N.C. — Upholstery fabric manufacturer Burlington Technologies has announced a merger with Bentex Mills, a Greensboro ... which produces patented stretchable nonwoven fabrics, and Diagnostic Chips, an intellectual properties company. (10/05/2012)
- Biddeford Mills Museum connects community's past and green future - BIDDEFORD, Maine — For well over 150 years, Biddeford’s textile mills have helped to define ... “In the 1960’s, Pepperell Mill transitioned to making Vellux blankets, using a non-woven, chemically derived process,” he explains. (07/28/2011)
- Research and Markets: Nonwoven Fabric Mills Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition] Updated Report - LLC's new updated report "Nonwoven Fabric Mills Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]" to their offering. The Nonwoven Fabric Mills Industry report contains the most recent data and analysis on the industry's key financial data ... (07/21/2011)
- Top 10 Dying U.S. Industries - As an example, he cites mills producing higher-tech non-woven fabrics, including flame-resistant and moisture-absorbent ones. "In those, the U.S. has technology advantages." What would Van Beeck say to a youngster who came to him and said, "Gee ... (04/05/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $7,251,496 on Nonwoven Fabric Mills. It has awarded 95 contracts to 30 companies, with an average value of $241,717 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Felts, nonwoven, manufacturing, Bonded-fiber fabrics manufacturing, Blankets, nonwoven fabric, Air laid nonwoven fabrics manufacturing, Spunbonded fabrics manufacturing, Carpet paddings, Wipes, Pressed felts manufacturing, Wet laid nonwoven fabrics manufacturing, Fabrics, Carded nonwoven fabrics manufacturing, Melt blown nonwoven fabrics manufacturing, Punched felts manufacturing, Nonwoven fabric tapes manufacturing, Pads and wadding, Nonwoven fabrics manufacturing, Nonwoven felts manufacturing, Ribbons made in nonwoven fabric mills, Tapes, etc.