Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Phosphate Rock Mining
Overview of the U.S. Phosphate Rock Mining IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Phosphate Rock Mining: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Phosphate Rock Mining company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Phosphate Rock Mining industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Phosphate Rock Mining measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||31%|
|Construction Trades Workers||14%|
|Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators||11%|
|Mining Machine Operators||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||9%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||28%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||11%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||11%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||15%|
|Dredge, Excavating, and Loading Machine Operators||9%|
|Excavating and Loading Machine and Dragline Operators||8%|
Phosphate Rock Mining Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Chatham Rock Phosphate looks forward to a productive 2018 - In late September Chatham Rock Phosphate delivered two keynote addresses at the Underwater Mining Conference hosted by the International Marine Minerals Society, this year held in Berlin. Chatham CEO Chris Castle updated the scientists, marine miners ... (01/10/2018)
- Is The Planet Really In Danger Of Running Out Of Resources? - The world will never run out of phosphorus or potassium; there’s huge amounts out there in the oceans, and in fact that’s where the runoff from our phosphate rock and potash-based ... on the step change in cost that mining it from the ocean would ... (01/09/2018)
- General Mineral Mining Market Global Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - This market also includes companies carrying out potash, soda and borate mineral, phosphate rock, and other chemical and fertilizer minerals mining. Asia Pacific was the largest region in the general mineral mining market in 2016, accounting for around 37% ... (01/03/2018)
- Arianne Phosphate closes private placement - JE9N), a development-stage phosphate mining company, advancing the Lac à Paul phosphate rock project in Quebec's Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region, is pleased to announce that it has closed on a private placement financing for gross proceeds of $1,915,219 ... (01/02/2018)
- Lara Exploration Ltd.: Phillips River Assumes Control of the BiFox Phosphate Rock Mining and Processing Operations at Bahia Inglesa in Northern Chile - VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - Nov 7, 2016) - Lara Exploration Ltd. ("Lara" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:LRA) is pleased to provide an update on progress of its transaction to develop the phosphate and coal interests it holds under alliances ... (11/07/2016)
- Quebec okays $750M phosphate mine - The Quebec government has given the go-ahead to build a controversial phosphate rock mine in a region best known for Canadian iron ore mining. On Monday Quebec environment minister David Heurtel said the $750 million Arnaud project near Sept-Îles – an ... (03/20/2015)
- Chatham phosphate mining consent refused - The authority said the economic benefit to New Zealand of mining the area would be modest, at best. The company's shares fell as low as 1 cent each this morning from 20 cents yesterday. Chatham Rock Phosphate chief executive Chris Castle said he was aghast ... (02/11/2015)
- India to step up rock phosphate exploration and mining - KOLKATA (miningweekly.com) - India would step up the conversion of rock ... phosphate mines in Africa. Against this backdrop, the expert panel of the Ministry has advocated more joint ventures between fertiliser companies and companies holding mining ... (11/21/2011)
- Florida Battling Phosphate Industry Over Mining - lost another battle last spring when the Legislature raised the mineral severance tax on phosphate rock from 54 cents to S1.04 a ton. Land is the issue, however, in the Osceola National Forest, where where four mining concerns have requested Federal strip ... (06/11/1978)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $12,527 on Phosphate Rock Mining. It has awarded 1 contracts to 1 companies, with an average value of $12,527 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Dried phosphate rock mining and/or beneficiating, Calcined phosphate rock mining and/or beneficiating, Sintered phosphate rock mining and/or beneficiating, Apatite mining and/or beneficiating, Phosphate rock mining and/or beneficiating, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.