Tortilla Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Tortilla Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Tortilla Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Tortilla Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Tortilla Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Tortilla Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Tortilla Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Tortilla Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Tortilla Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations||8%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||11%|
|Retail Sales Workers||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||30%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||15%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||14%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||6%|
Tortilla Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- The future of food includes insect cuisine, edible packaging, sea vegetables and more - A few years ago, a team of McGill University MBA students won the $1 million Hult Prize for a project that aimed to improve the availability of nutritious food to poor people by providing them with protein-rich insect-infused flour for bread or tortillas. (01/10/2018)
- Truco Enterprises Announces Appointment of Lisa Walsh as Chief Executive Officer - With On the Border currently the fastest growing and highest velocity tortilla chip brand ... category management and industry engagement. She is a proven people leader, championing gender equality across the industry through her involvement with Network ... (01/10/2018)
- New Year, new health trends - High-tech goes plant-forward: Plant-based diets and dishes continue to dominate the food world, and now the tech industry has a seat at the table ... authentic cooking with things like heirloom corn tortillas or classic barbacoa. And thanks to brands ... (01/10/2018)
- Mexico tortilla producers say they will not hike prices, for now - Deputy Minister for Industry and Commerce, Rogelio Garza ... Inflation in Mexico is near a 16-year high just below 7 percent, and the forecast tortilla price hike, as well as estimates of rising gasoline costs, triggered outrage on social media and ... (01/06/2018)
- Sonoma Stories: Sebastopol arts center has Robert Brent pottery wheels, and Brent himself - tortillas from La Tortilla Factory, Mexican salad, a surprise dessert and Mariachi entertainment. Tickets available at brownpapertickets.com After selling the manufacturing company, Brent toyed with developing and producing a sports car, but concluded he ... (01/05/2018)
- Tortilla, gasoline prices unnerve Mexicans as election year begins - Prices for corn tortillas, the Mexican staple ... in Mexico were set by the government and were the same across the country. The Markit/Nikkei Japan Manufacturing Final Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) was a seasonally adjusted 54.0 in December... (01/02/2018)
- How did tortillas become the new white bread? - Ah, the humble tortilla. It’s been around for thousands of years – a soft, pliable flat bread that was a cornerstone of the Aztec diet. And now it’s the fastest-growing segment of the baking industry. Last year, tortilla sales reached $12 billion ... (05/10/2016)
- Drug cartels are taking over the tortilla business in Mexico - The tortilla industry celebrated the decision loudly ... shops offered a route for expanding their criminal activities. If they could control the business owners and the workforce, they would acquire well-placed drug distribution points, street dealers ... (03/16/2016)
- How a Mexican snack became an American staple - And salsa has been the new ketchup since 2008, according Jim Kabbani, CEO of the Tortilla Industry Association. One of the factors that contributes to that growth is immigration. As the Latino population grows, so will the variety of foods that cater to them. (01/22/2015)
- COMPANY NEWS; Tortillas Gain Aficionados in U.S. - Business is booming for the tortilla industry, fueled by the growing popularity of Mexican food across the country and a sharp rise in immigration from Mexico and Central America, where tortillas are a staple. And with huge profits at stake, competition is ... (09/23/1992)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $2,532,132 on Tortilla Manufacturing. It has awarded 50 contracts to 15 companies, with an average value of $168,809 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Tortillas manufacturing, etc.