|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||15%|
|Other Production Occupations||27%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||20%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||6%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||13%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Kim Kardashian Somehow Got a McDonald's Ice Cream Machine to Work and People Are SHOOK - Fewer things are more puzzling than a McDonald's ice cream machine. They work about once every ten years, so enjoying one of the fast food chain's tasty frozen treats has become ... fans began commenting on the dessert. "Look, she gets McDonald's ice ... (01/10/2018)
- 21 brands of orange cream and ice cream bars recalled - ... Food Stores LLC says its store-brand orange cream and ice cream bars are included in a recall, because the product may be contaminated. The recall applies to 21 brands of frozen dessert treats, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (01/10/2018)
- Frozen yogurt maker Yasso taking on low-calorie ice cream - Competition between these two upstarts, as well as legacy ice cream makers, could lead to more innovation in brands, perhaps prompting a renaissance in frozen dessert manufacturing with new varieties featuring plant-based milks and interesting flavor profiles. (01/10/2018)
- Stuck at home? Make an Ice Cream Bombe (Cyclone) - We suggest immediately making a pot of homemade hot chocolate, a crock of French onion soup and, if you're feeling creative, an unexpected frozen dessert. The latter may sound counter-intuitive when it's so frigid outside, but ice cream is delicious all ... (01/05/2018)
- Ice Cream Company Dippin' Dots Will Use Its Freezing Tech for Cryogenics - But the company, which makes colorful, pellet-shaped, flash-frozen desserts, continues to look toward the ... who applied his knowledge of cryogenic processes to making a new kind of ice cream using liquid nitrogen. “The expansion of this concept into ... (01/05/2018)
- Ice-cream and Frozen Dessert Market: Demand, Trend, Production, - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports - The report firstly introduced the Ice-cream and Frozen Dessert Market basics: definitions, classifications, applications and market overview; product specifications; manufacturing processes; cost structures, raw materials and so on. Then it analyzed the ... (11/28/2017)
- Ice-cream and Frozen Dessert Market: Demand, Trend, Production, - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina - The report firstly introduced the Ice-cream and Frozen Dessert Market basics: definitions, classifications, applications and market overview; product specifications; manufacturing processes; cost structures, raw materials and so on. Then it analyzed the ... (11/28/2017)
- Here's the difference between ice cream and other frozen desserts - When the weather starts heating up, there's almost nothing better than grabbing a frozen dessert to help you cool down. But from ice cream and gelato to soft serve and frozen yogurt, there are plenty of icy snacks you can choose from, and you might not ... (04/18/2017)
- What's the Difference Between Ice Cream and Gelato? All Your Frozen Dessert Questions, Answered - Here, Chef Jenny McCoy, chef instructor in their School of Pastry & Baking Arts gives PEOPLE her insight into the world of frozen desserts ... I think so. What is the difference between ice cream and gelato? Speaking of il Laboratorio, on a recent ... (08/01/2016)
- Research and Markets: Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade 2012 Edition - Industry's Revenue for the Year 2010 Was ... - LLC's new report "Ice Cream and Frozen Dessert Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [2012 Edition]" to their offering. This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing ice cream, frozen yogurts ... (01/10/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $39,507 on Ice Cream & Frozen Dessert Manufacturing. It has awarded 5 contracts to 4 companies, with an average value of $9,877 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Yogurt, frozen, manufacturing, Fruit pops, Ices, flavored sherbets, Ice cream manufacturing, Ice milk specialties manufacturing, Ice cream specialties manufacturing, Frozen desserts (except bakery) manufacturing, Pudding pops, Desserts, frozen (except bakery), Custard, Juice pops, Sherbets manufacturing, Tofu frozen desserts manufacturing, Ice milk manufacturing, Frozen custard manufacturing, etc.