Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||6%|
|Construction Trades Workers||6%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||35%|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||35%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Storage Tops Kitchen Uses, Owners Say - Kitchen Remodel ... white backsplashes, countertops, and wall finishes continue to dominate. Flooring: Natural hardwood is the most popular, but it is declining as woodlike flooring like engineered wood or laminate are on the rise. Cabinets: Shaker ... (01/10/2018)
- See How Kitchen Trends Have Drastically Changed Over the Past 100 Years - In turn, folks were all too eager to get creative in the kitchen — with their decor, that is. According to Sears Home, there were plenty of “turquoise refrigerators, canary yellow cabinets, stainless steel countertops, pink built-in ranges.” (01/10/2018)
- The Tiny Jenga Kitchen - By shaving a few inches off each appliance, the kitchen gained about a foot of counter space. (Counter depth appliances can be more expensive than standard depth ones.) Recessed lights and under-cabinet LED ... the original wood flooring black, replacing ... (01/09/2018)
- Explore Kitchen Grey, Butcher Block Kitchen, and more! - Chip and Joanna Gaines undertake an ambitious makeover on a century-old home for a newlywed couple who are undeterred by a challenging renovation. ****What if we did a navy island? Call it alternative country: In this new 'Fixer Upper' makeover, Chip and ... (01/09/2018)
- 7 Perfect Kitchen Upgrades for a New Look Without Remodeling - If you don't have the financial resources for a full-on renovation, there are a variety of ways you can give your kitchen a new look for a lot less. From refacing cabinets ... countertop options in patterns like Greek key or textures like barn wood or ... (01/08/2018)
- Wolf visits Valley's Wood-Mode - Tom Wolf, the former owner of a kitchen cabinet design firm ... More than 50 Wood-Mode employees have gained training through the program at Penn State University’s Innovative Manufacturing Center and other partner institutions. (01/05/2018)
- November cabinet sales up 1.8%: KCMA survey - Cabinet sales rose 1.8% in November compared to the previous year's figures, continuing the upturn recorded last month. According to participating members in the Kitchen Cabinet ... including visits to wood products manufacturing facilities throughout ... (01/03/2018)
- The Hottest Kitchen Design Trends For 2018—And What They Cost - Two new reports, the Zillow Home Trend Forecast and the Trulia Home Design Panel, suggest the new year could see the demise of some of America’s longest-loved decorating trends including granite countertops ... kitchen cabinets with real wood veneer ... (01/02/2018)
- Glossy cabinets shine in today's kitchens - They favor warming up minimalist glossy cabinets with some matte or wood-grain cabinets and honed countertops ... for polyurethane coatings for kitchen cabinets. Bayer MaterialScience sells the resins to paint manufacturers, which use the resins to ... (08/05/2015)
- Research and Markets: Wood Kitchen Cabinet and Countertop Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade: Import was Valued at $.5 Billion USD in 2011 from 49 Countries - LLC's new report "Wood Kitchen Cabinet and Countertop Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its Foreign Trade" to their offering. This latest Wood Kitchen Cabinet and Countertop Manufacturing Industry report provides the most updated market research on ... (12/13/2012)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $860,066 on Wood Kitchen Cabinet & Countertop Manufacturing. It has awarded 55 contracts to 31 companies, with an average value of $27,744 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Cabinets, kitchen (except freestanding), stock or custom wood, manufacturing, Countertops (i.e., kitchen, bathroom), wood or plastics laminated on wood, Vanities (except freestanding), Vanity tops, Medicine cabinets (except freestanding), wood household-type, Bathroom vanities (except freestanding), Countertops, wood, Drainboards, Kitchen cabinets (except freestanding), Plastics laminated over particleboard (e.g., fixture tops) manufacturing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.