Strategic Planning with the Perceptual Mapping - Brand Marketing Framework
Perceptual Mapping - Brand Marketing is a technique that enables better strategic planning in business.
Perceptual Mapping is a method to visually display how different companies and products are perceived regarding critical dimension (e.g., strength or appeal). While there may be many dimensions represented, they are usually grouped into two major categories to improve visualization. Factor analysis is a statistical technique that can take many dimensions and reduce them to fewer.
It is generally better strategy to have a leadership position in at least one of the dimensions. This indicates that the brand is recognized for a particular kind of value and customers seeking that dimension will prefer it to the competition.
The perceptual map can identify the kinds of customers to target, marketing messages that will be best received, and the products and markets that will best fit with existing perceptions.
Other Strategic Planning Frameworks
- 4P's Marketing Mix
- Seven S (7S) Management Framework
- AIDA - Attention, Interest, Desire, Action - Buying Process
- Ansoff's Matrix - Product-Market Growth Matrix - Expansion Strategy
- BCG Growth-Share Matrix
- Bass Diffusion Model - Product Adoption and Innovation
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Choice Model for Decision-Making Behavior
- Competitive Advantage
- Core Competence - Collective Learning in the Organization
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Delta Model
- ERG (Existence, Relatedness, Growth) Theory of Motivation
- Experience Curve
- Framing Effect on Psychology and Marketing
- GE (McKinsey) Matrix
- Growth Phases
- Predicting Industry Evolution and Change
- OODA Loop - Observe, Orient, Decide, Act
- PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) - The Deming Cycle
- PEST Analysis - Political, Economical, Social, Technological, Environmental, and Legal Factors
- Perceptual Mapping - Brand Marketing
- Porter's Five Forces
- Product and Marketing Positioning
- Product Lifecycle (Industry Lifecycle)
- Root Cause Analysis
- SWOT Analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunties, Threats
- Technology Adoption Curve
- Value Chain
- Balanced Scorecard
- Customer Segmentation
- Pricing Strategy & Price Optimization
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
Have a question?We probably have the answer. Ask us!
We have helped thousands of businesses with their research, and we are confident we can help you, too. We offer a 7-Day Money Back Guarantee on all purchases.