Strategic Planning with the SWOT Analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunties, Threats Framework
SWOT Analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunties, Threats is a technique that enables better strategic planning in business.
SWOT is a simple but powerful framework for assessing internal and external market dynamics. A SWOT analysis must first start with defining a desired end state or objective. A SWOT analysis may be incorporated into the strategic planning model.
SWOT is defined as follows:
- Strengths: attributes of the person or company that are helpful to achieving the objective.
- Weaknesses: attributes of the person or company that are harmful to achieving the objective.
- Opportunities: external conditions that are helpful to achieving the objective.
- Threats: external conditions which could do damage to the business's performance.
Other Strategic Planning Frameworks
- 4P's Marketing Mix
- Seven S (7S) Management Framework
- AIDA - Attention, Interest, Desire, Action - Buying Process
- Ansoff's Matrix - Product-Market Growth Matrix - Expansion Strategy
- BCG Growth-Share Matrix
- Bass Diffusion Model - Product Adoption and Innovation
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Choice Model for Decision-Making Behavior
- Competitive Advantage
- Core Competence - Collective Learning in the Organization
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Delta Model
- ERG (Existence, Relatedness, Growth) Theory of Motivation
- Experience Curve
- Framing Effect on Psychology and Marketing
- GE (McKinsey) Matrix
- Growth Phases
- Predicting Industry Evolution and Change
- OODA Loop - Observe, Orient, Decide, Act
- PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) - The Deming Cycle
- PEST Analysis - Political, Economical, Social, Technological, Environmental, and Legal Factors
- Perceptual Mapping - Brand Marketing
- Porter's Five Forces
- Product and Marketing Positioning
- Product Lifecycle (Industry Lifecycle)
- Root Cause Analysis
- SWOT Analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunties, Threats
- Technology Adoption Curve
- Value Chain
- Balanced Scorecard
- Customer Segmentation
- Pricing Strategy & Price Optimization
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
Have a question?We probably have the answer. Ask us!
We have helped thousands of businesses with their research, and we are confident we can help you, too. We offer a 7-Day Money Back Guarantee on all purchases.