|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Advanced Composite Products & Technology||10|
|Scott Machine Development|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Jeffrey S. Lorberbaum named to World Floor Covering Association Hall of Fame - Under his leadership, Aladdin Mills merged with Mohawk Industries in 1994, creating one of the largest flooring manufacturers in the country ... carpet, rugs, laminate, wood, sheet vinyl, luxury vinyl tile and countertops. While transforming the U.S ... (12/24/2017)
- U.S. Laminated Plastic Plate, Sheet (Except Packaging), And Shape Market Report 2017 - Analysis And Forecast to 2025 - Research and Markets - Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Laminated Plastic Plate, Sheet (Except Packaging), And Shape Market - Analysis And Forecast to 2025" report to their offering. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the U.S. laminated ... (03/23/2017)
- Solar shingle business heats up - For SunTegra products, a solar laminate with a polyester-type back sheet adheres to a glass-filled polymer composite frame with high UV stability. The plastic in the frame allows SunTegra to get the shape it ... made by contract manufacturers in Indonesia ... (09/28/2016)
- Fixing laminate floor gaps - Laminate flooring changes shape very little with changes in humidity ... My builder has installed plastic sheets between the joists, and he says it’s okay. Is he right? A: The job of a vapour barrier is to stop heated, moist indoor air from making ... (01/25/2014)
- Bionic Skin for a Cyborg You - flexible sheets of electronic materials—including roll-to-roll manufacturing methods now being developed. To print TFTs on a plastic film, you need to keep the processing temperature low enough to prevent the plastic from changing its shape. TFTs made ... (08/26/2013)
- Bioplastics Can Find Diverse Applications in the World of Intermediates - Intermediates are materials, supplies or components that are supplied by one entity as an input to another entity's manufacturing ... segment in plastic products, at 41.2 percent of total revenue. Plastic pipes, plates, shapes, sheets and bags make up ... (01/07/2013)
- 11 Great Tools Win Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Awards: Gallery - The National Hardware Show attracts the full spectrum of tool manufacturers, from multinational corporations to mom-and-pop startups bringing a new product to their very first trade show. Popular Mechanics ... tile, plastic laminate, light-gauge sheet ... (05/11/2010)
- Cork Puts a Bounce in Your Step - Once they punch out the wine corks, manufacturers grind up the rest of the bark. They mix the granules with a little adhesive and press them into sheets ... Laminate-style cork is a good choice if your existing flooring is in rough shape and you don ... (06/15/2006)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,202,236 on Laminated Plastics Plate, Sheet & Shape Manufacturing. It has awarded 297 contracts to 40 companies, with an average value of $80,056 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Plate, laminated plastics, manufacturing, Sheet, laminated plastics (except flexible packaging), Rod, Profile shapes (e.g., plate, rod, sheet), Laminated plastics plate, and sheet, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.