|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Plastics Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Plastics Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Plastics Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Plastics Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Plastics Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Plastics Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Plastics Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Plastics Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Plastics Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Berry Global Group||388|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Graham Packaging to expand plastics manufacturing operation in Campbell County - Manufacturing continues to be one of ... custom blow-molded plastic containers for branded foods and beverages, personal care and specialty products, household products, chemical-based products, and automotive lubricants. Through superior design ... (01/13/2018)
- Global Blow Molding Plastic Bottles Market 2017 & Worldwide Forecast 2021 - The report firstly introduced the Blow Molding Plastic Bottles basics: definitions, classifications, applications and market overview; product specifications; manufacturing processes; cost structures, raw materials and so on. Then it analyzed the world's ... (01/13/2018)
- A hollow ring to Theresa May’s pledge on plastics - A regulatory framework that supports industry and encourages investment is needed, and could include mandatory recycled content for some plastic products, investments in research and development, and enhanced tax credits to support manufacturing investment ... (01/12/2018)
- What to do with products containing microbeads - exfoliating scrub and toothpaste – and now the UK Government has put a stop to manufacturers using the plastic pollutants in products. The government announced that as of 9th January 2018, microbeads cannot be used in the manufacturing of cosmetic and ... (01/12/2018)
- Scotland Plans To Become One Of The First Countries To Ban Plastic Cotton Buds - In a move that experts say will cut Scotland’s marine plastic pollution in half, the government is proposing a ban to prohibit manufacturing and selling ... microbeads in cosmetic and personal care products. Today, around 30 countries have implemented ... (01/12/2018)
- Research details developments in the global molded plastics market forecast 2017-2023 - ongoing practice of using plastics in manufacturing household care products, increase in use of plastic components in consumer electronics, and rise in consumption of plastics in the automotive industry. In 2016, polypropylene segment was the largest ... (01/12/2018)
- Plastics Hall of Fame will induct 10 new members at NPE2018 - Steve Maguire, founder and President of Maguire Products Inc., has achieved fame ... accomplishments in polymer science, engineering, manufacturing, equipment deisgn, and business management,” said Plastics Academy President Jay Gardiner. (01/08/2018)
- Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector: From Inertia to Nine Consecutive Months of Growth - “The Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (Manufacturing ... beverage and tobacco products; furniture and related products; plastics and rubber products; non-metallic mineral products; printing and related support activities; appliances and ... (01/07/2018)
- Plastic Tooth Market: Industry Recent Trends and Growth Rate, Product & Application Segmentation, Key Companies and Regional Analysis By 2022 - Inquiry before buying at https://www.orianresearch.com/enquiry-before-buying/439122 Development policies and plans are discussed as well as manufacturing ... Plastic Tooth Industry players providing information such as company profiles, product picture ... (01/05/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $106,636,582 on Plastics Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 4,409 contracts to 956 companies, with an average value of $111,545 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.