Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Get the Right Rigid Foam - Polyisocyanurate, a urethane-based product ... used in the manufacturing of XPS. Unfortunately, the foam will absorb moisture if unprotected and its R-value drops by about half a point per inch in temperatures below 25°. EPS – expanded polystyrene ... (01/11/2018)
- Global Expanded Polystyrene Market Segmentation by Product Types and Application with Forecast to 2022 - Global Expanded Polystyrene ... Ach Foam Technologies, Basf, Nova Chemicals, Sibur and others. Purchase a copy of this report at: https://www.themarketreports.com/report/buy-now/842236 When taking a good look at this report, based on the product, it ... (01/08/2018)
- As You Sow calls out McDonald’s on continued use of polystyrene - Polystyrene foam foodservice products are not manufactured with CFCs or any other ozone-depleting chemicals. In fact, Dart has never used CFCs in manufacturing molded foam cups,” writes the company on its website. Manufacturers of PS foodservice products ... (01/02/2018)
- Global Expandable Polystyrene Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report - Development policies and plans are discussed as well as manufacturing processes and ... www.themarketreports.com/report/global-expandable-polystyrene-market-professional-survey-report-2017 Companies like Ach Foam Technologies, Llc, Alpek Sab De Cv, Basf ... (12/28/2017)
- CX5237 Crystal Polystyrene features high melt strength grade. - Designed for manufacturers of thermoformed foam polystyrene foodservice and food packaging products, CX5237 Crystal Polystyrene offers same stiffness with 10% reduction in weight. Product insulated and cushions the contents of the package. Total ... (05/12/2017)
- Polystyrene foam is bad for your body and the environment - People litter polystyrene foam more than any other waste product. Though it's only 1 percent of all ... Prince George's County's website already offers a list of nearly 80 manufacturers and distributors of alternative packaging and food storage containers. (02/16/2017)
- Polystyrene foam ban in Portland: Council may vote - PORTLAND – A controversial ban on the use of polystyrene foam products — often used as food and ... the city’s waste stream proposed the ban late this spring. Manufacturers of the product and many restaurants, fast food chains and grocers have ... (09/16/2013)
- Research and Markets: Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [Q2 2009 Edition] - LLC's new report "Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing Industry in the U.S. and its International Trade [Q2 2009 Edition]" to their offering. The newly published Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing Industry report provides the latest market research ... (08/12/2009)
- Recycling Polystyrene Is the Best Solution - To make foam food-service products, manufacturers use compounds to inject air into polystyrene. A few years ago, it was determined that chlorofluorocarbons contribute to the damage of the ozone layer. Even though only a small percentage of our industry ... (11/11/1990)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,015,343 on Polystyrene Foam Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 103 contracts to 49 companies, with an average value of $20,721 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Thermal insulation, polystyrene foam, manufacturing, Cups, Shipping pads and shaped cushioning, Sheet (i.e., board), polystyrene foam insulation, Dinnerware, Jugs, vacuum, polystyrene foam plastics, Coolers or ice chests, Polystyrene foam packaging manufacturing, Foam polystyrene products manufacturing, Ice buckets, Plates, Food containers, Insulation and cushioning, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.