Plastic Bottle Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Plastic Bottle Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Plastic Bottle Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Plastic Bottle Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Plastic Bottle Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Plastic Bottle Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Plastic Bottle Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Plastic Bottle Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Plastic Bottle Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Plastic Bottle Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Nalge Nunc International||41|
|New Wave Enviro Products|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- A hollow ring to Theresa May’s pledge on plastics - It foundered when the voluntary agreement between the dairies, brands, retailers and bottle-makers ... recycled content for some plastic products, investments in research and development, and enhanced tax credits to support manufacturing investment in ... (01/12/2018)
- How rest of world still puts us to shame: France was the first country to ban plastic plates, cutlery and cups - Denmark was the first, introducing a levy paid by manufacturers in 1994 – now the average Dane ... In Norway, recent research found 96 per cent of plastic bottles are recycled and 90 per cent of deposit-marked bottles and cans in Denmark are returned. (01/12/2018)
- Food waste Tinder and 3D plastic décor: the best green innovations of the week - It works by filling a glass bottle with water and placing ... by collecting plastic waste from the streets of Delhi. ReFlow then reinvests a portion of any profit into local manufacturing facilities. The aim is to help 40 million global waste collectors ... (01/12/2018)
- The Government's 25-Year Plan Is A Missed Opportunity To Eliminate Plastic Waste - Manufacturers have to be held responsible for the end-life ... This is a tried-and-tested initiative where customers pay a little bit extra when they purchase a plastic bottle but have the money refunded when they return the bottle for recycling. (01/11/2018)
- Why the plastic bottles you recycle will probably still end up in a landfill - manufacturers told BuzzFeed News. The largest soft drinks firms aside from Coca-Cola use 6.6% of recycled plastic, according to a Greenpeace report. Instead of being made into new bottles of drink as you may expect, most of these vessels are turned into ... (01/11/2018)
- Retail industry breakthrough as Tesco backs bottle deposit scheme - The government has been actively considering a ‘deposit return’ scheme for plastic bottles since October and is currently reviewing advice from retailers, manufacturers, scientists and other parties. However, the prime minister made no mention of any ... (01/11/2018)
- May targets plastics in Environment Plan - But, a deposit scheme for plastic bottles remains a possibility as consultations and ... Pledging action at every stage, Mrs May said that she would “encourage manufacturers to take responsibility and rationalise the types of plastics they use.” (01/11/2018)
- Four tough actions needed to fight the global plastic crisis - What’s needed goes beyond reusing plastic water bottles, stopping using plastic drinking straws ... This means supporting manufacturers to develop technology that can use it where possible. Alternatively, the government could impose mandatory recycled ... (01/11/2018)
- In California, Removable Plastic Bottle Caps Could Become A Thing Of the Past - Plastic bottle caps are among the most littered items found during ... Groups like McBee’s say the fix will be an easy one for manufacturers, but the beverage industry is lobbying against the bill saying the technology is not ready industry wide. (01/09/2018)
- Global Plastic Infant Bottle Market Supply, Sales, Revenue and Forecast From 2017 to 2022 - The will chart the course for a more comprehensive organization and discernment of the competition situation in the Plastic Infant Bottle market. As this will help manufacturers and investors alike, to have a better understanding of the direction in which ... (01/07/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $1,445,598 on Plastic Bottle Manufacturing. It has awarded 48 contracts to 21 companies, with an average value of $68,838 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Bottles, plastics, manufacturing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.