Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|DU Pont Teijin Films U.s.|
|M & Q Packaging|
|Phillips Environmental Products|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Aluminum foil market forecast to 2021 published by leading research firm - According to the aluminum foil market report, one of the major drivers for this market is Disadvantages of plastic packaging. Developments in technology and innovative product designs are promoting the need for new packaging materials for pharmaceutical ... (01/11/2018)
- New members of the Plastics Hall of Fame named - Washington — Leaders from the plastics machinery, materials, recycling ... that purchased a number of companies, including packaging major Berry Plastics, extruder maker American Kuhne Inc., sheet line maker Welex and other plastics-related companies. (01/04/2018)
- Global Comprehensive Medical Plastics Markets 2016-2022 with a Detailed Analysis of Key Resins - The "Medical Plastics: Global Markets to 2022" report has been ... and Forecasts 19 Industry Structure Background Companies Injection Molders Medical Film and Sheet Manufacturers Medical Blow Molders Medical Thermoformers Medical Resin Producers Recent ... (01/03/2018)
- Global Top 10 Plastics Market - Projected to Reach USD 586.24 Billion By 2021 - Research and Markets - Growth in key end-use industries, such as automotive, building & construction, packaging, electrical & electronics, and construction; and the substitution of metal-based products with various plastic materials ... Manufacturing of plastic containers and ... (12/29/2017)
- The plastics packaging film and sheet manufacturing market will - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina - The study will benefit plastics packaging film and sheet manufacturers, providers of raw materials, users of plastics packaging film and sheets, governments around the world, and others. Study Goals and Objectives • To sum up the global plastics ... (12/04/2017)
- Plastic Films & Sheets Market Size Worth $157.5 Billion by 2025: Grand View Research, Inc. - Robust manufacturing ... in food packaging industry and is FDA approved, borated HDPE is used on nuclear facility applications as it offers strong radiation protection. Browse full research report with TOC on "Plastic Films and Sheets Market Analysis ... (11/29/2017)
- Berry Plastics Group, Inc. Announces Agreement to Acquire AEP Industries Inc. - Headquartered in Montvale, New Jersey, AEP operates 14 manufacturing facilities ... Chairman and CEO of Berry Plastics. “AEP, together with Berry’s Engineered Materials Division, creates an impressive packaging film producer serving the North American ... (08/25/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $11,286,563 on Plastics Packaging Materials & Unlaminated Film & Sheet Manufacturing. It has awarded 666 contracts to 149 companies, with an average value of $75,749 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.