|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||9%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||27%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||16%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||11%|
|Material Moving Workers||10%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||8%|
Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Nano Composite Products||7|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Faux Foam, Mock Maple: How to Spot Misleading Furniture Labels - There’s been a backlash against polyurethane foam because it’s a petroleum ... give you written documentation of what materials the piece is made of. — Ask about a warranty. Many furniture stores and manufacturers don’t offer them, but if you ... (01/10/2018)
- Recent research: MDI, TDI, and polyurethane market worth 90.34 billion USD by 2021 - The report "MDI, TDI, and Polyurethane Market by Application (Flexible Foams, Rigid Foams, Paints & Coatings, Elastomers, Adhesives & Sealants), End-Use (Construction, Furniture & Interiors ... and laminate insulation and foam roofing. (01/09/2018)
- American Furniture fire 'could have been worse' - ECRU – A horrific reminder of a similar incident nearly 10 years ago, American Furniture Manufacturing employees ... With highly combustible materials like wood, upholstery, polyurethane foam and plastic feeding the flames, firefighters from across ... (01/05/2018)
- Polyurethane Market Driven By Growing Demand For Durable Materia - KPTV - FOX 12 - Growing demand for durable and lightweight materials ... to high construction investments and growing demand for rigid polyurethane foam. Moreover, Africa is also facing a huge demand for polyurethane foams in multiple industries such as furniture ... (11/27/2017)
- Today’s homes burn faster than ones in the past, and your furniture may be to blame - One reason homes burn faster and hotter now is the use of petroleum-based materials ... furniture as well as “conventional” furniture that’s chemical-free – other than the polyurethane foam, says Gercke. Today, about 77 percent of manufacturers ... (07/14/2017)
- Global Polyurethane Foam Market 2017-2022 - The future of global polyurethane (PU) foam market looks good with opportunities in various applications, such as building and construction, bedding and furniture ... global polyurethane foam market through 2022 by application, type, foam type, raw ... (06/14/2017)
- PPI and OMS Group to Highlight Automotive Manufacturing Solutions at 2017 Foam Expo - The low-pressure system produces block foam with very low density of 15 kg per cubic meter. “The demand is never-ending for new materials and manufacturing methods in almost every sector of polyurethane ... construction, recreation, furniture and ... (02/03/2017)
- Construction Segment Will Continue to Dominate the Global Bio-Based Polyurethane Market until 2020, Reports Technavio - The US and developing countries, including China and India will likely account for 60% of the global construction industry by 2025. Rigid polyurethane foam is used ... market in bedding and furniture segment Earlier, manufacturers of bedding and furniture ... (05/02/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,924,819 on Urethane & Foam Furniture & Construction Materials Manufacturing. It has awarded 197 contracts to 63 companies, with an average value of $62,299 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Ice buckets, urethane or other plastics foam (except polystyrene), manufacturing, Urethane foam products manufacturing, Polyurethane foam products manufacturing, Packaging, foam plastics (except polystyrene), Seat cushions, Cushions, carpet and rug, urethane and other foam plastics (except polystrene), Foam plastics products (except polystrene) manufacturing, Insulation and cushioning, foam plastics (except polystrene), Shipping pads and shaped cushioning, Jugs, vacuum, Ice chests or coolers, urethane or other plastics foam (except polystyrene) manufacturing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.