|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Foundries
Overview of the U.S. Foundries IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Foundries: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Foundries Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Foundries companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Foundries company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Foundries industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Foundries measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||6%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||7%|
|Molders and Molding Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||15%|
|Foundry Mold and Coremakers||7%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Foundries Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|United States Pipe & Foundry||45|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Leveraging Baseline Checks for Robust Reliability Verification - Foundries have also created new process nodes targeted for these applications. Having the ability to establish baseline checks for design and reliability requirements is critical to first pass success. (01/12/2018)
- IBM Plans to Reassign 31,000 Workers, Will Cut 10,000 Positions in 2018 - Selling its foundries to GlobalFoundries was the logical consequence of dumping ones capital back into investor hands as opposed to using it for funding R&D, expansion, or simply paying workers more. IBM refused to comment on the story, beyond offering the ... (01/11/2018)
- Simmons Pump Acquires Simflo Pumps To Create New Combined Company - From our involvement with the foundries, to our manufacturing and assembly facilities, virtually every aspect of a SIMFLO pump is created in-house to provide the highest level of performance in the industry. Simply put, the new SIMFLO exists to 'keep ... (01/11/2018)
- Going rogue at CES 2018: Is Huawei a 21st century Dell? - Using any number of contract foundries, it deploys its own brand of ARM-based semiconductors via its fabless HiSilicon business rather than buying these components on the open market using designs from Qualcomm or Samsung, which make up the balance of the ... (01/11/2018)
- AMD Reveals Ryzen APUs, Ryzen 2 and Threadripper 2 at CES 2018 - Zen APUs are coming in Febuary which feature the Global Foundries 14nm process found in the current generation Ryzen CPUs. Both models will feature quad cores, but the Ryzen 5 2400G features SMT, a base clock of 3.6GHz/boost clock of 3.9GHz and 11 Vega CUs ... (01/11/2018)
- Recent research: Global flip chip technology sales market forecast from 2018 to 2025 - Key companies profiled in this report are Intel Corp, Samsung Electronics, Texas Instruments, Global Foundries U.S, Stats Chippac Ltd, Nepes Pte. Ltd, Powertech Technology, Amkor Technology, Ibm Corp, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co, Ase Group ... (01/11/2018)
- How AT&T and Southwest Airlines Are Driving Corporate Innovation - So it leverages programs and initiatives like the AT&T Foundries, which work with external entrepreneurs and companies to develop new innovations, and the AT&T Innovation Pipeline, called TIP, which encourages employees to submit their ideas and present to ... (01/10/2018)
- AMD’s 2018 roadmap: Desktop APUs in February, second-generation Ryzen in April - In April, Ryzen processors will come to market that have the "Zen+" core and have been built on Global Foundries' 12nm process, which is believed to be a refined version of its 14nm process. These will be followed in the second half of the year by a Zen+ ... (01/08/2018)
- AMD's Pre-CES Haul: 12nm Ryzen CPUs, 7nm GPUs, 2000 Series Processors, X470 Chipset - Second Generation 12nm Ryzen & Threadripper Processors: Zen+ Makes An Entrance AMD announced earlier this year at Global Foundries' Technology Conference that it's moving to a 12nm LP FinFET process for all of its client CPUs and GPUs. Now we know that AMD ... (01/08/2018)
- The list is here – last year's biggest fabless IC companies - Unlike the relatively close annual market growth relationship between fabless IC suppliers and foundries, fabless IC company sales growth versus IDM (integrated device manufacturers) IC supplier growth has typically been very different. The first time IDM ... (01/08/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $7,241,948 on Foundries. It has awarded 164 contracts to 86 companies, with an average value of $84,209 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.