|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Office Supplies Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Office Supplies Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Office Supplies Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Office Supplies Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Office Supplies Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Office Supplies Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Office Supplies Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Office Supplies Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Office Supplies Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Office Depot Inc Stock Still Can Turn Things Around - Office Depot specialized in products that are becoming obsolete as new technology emerges. iPads, email and smartphones have made buying things like paper, printers and even pencils less necessary for businesses and individuals. That shift is causing ... (01/09/2018)
- School Supply Deals 7/30: FREE pens, 1 cent paper - You'll find fabulous school supply sales this week at office & drug stores ... entire year when many of these supplies are 75% off or more from the regular retail prices. Bic Cristal pens, Round Stic pens, Xtra fun pencils, correction fluid, select ... (07/31/2017)
- Made in America Holiday: General Pencil Co. - Katie Weissenborn, the company's president and a fifth-generation Weissenborn, said President Abraham Lincoln's cabinet had even sent letters to General Pencil, remarking on its products' quality. The company's charcoal pencils were also used for ... (12/12/2016)
- My Favorite Pencil - The Palomino Blackwing 602 is my favorite pencil ... go for $50 per pencil on eBay. But I don’t specifically care whether or not the original pencil was better. The pencils were revived in 2010 by California Cedar Products Company, making Blackwings ... (08/09/2016)
- These pencils sprout vegetables - These plantable pencils from Sprout World grow into herb, vegetable and flowering plants. Related: She's $10 million closer to replacing plastic bottles The next step is to conquer the U.S. market. Stausholm opened a small office in Boston in September to ... (11/04/2015)
- Heathrow pencil maker Dixon Ticonderoga says sales stay sharp - The company is taking market share from other pencil makers, even as it focuses more on making ... such as Dixon Ticonderoga are "marketing the fact there's better-quality pencils out there," said Lora Morsovillo, president of NPD's office-supplies division. (09/14/2013)
- Mitsubishi Pencil in talks with Linc Pens for manufacturing unit - Local manufacturing will enable Mitsubishi to offer lower cost products in the market, said Eiichiro Suhara, President, Mitsubishi Pencil. Mitsubishi’s pens that are branded under the “uni” name are imported from Japan. They are marketed in India by ... (11/28/2012)
- Pencils survive and sales thrive, even in a digital age - In spite of the consumer love affair with high-tech tablets and other digital devices, people are still enthusiastic about making their ... than mechanical pencils in the marketplace," said Jason Shockley, communications director for Office Depot, an ... (03/31/2012)
- Research and Markets: The Pen and Mechanical Pencil Manufacturing Industry's Revenue for the Year 2008 Was Approximately $1.0 Billion USD, with an Estimated Gross Profit of 23.17% - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7674b5/pen_and_mechanical) has announced the addition of Supplier Relations US, LLC's new report "Pen and Mechanical Pencil ... Office Supplies (except Paper ... (01/19/2010)
- How to Build a Pencil Crossbow - Take your spitball firepower to the next level with this guide for constructing a No. 2 Pencil ... for making all manner of miniature munitions, from slingshots and catapults to mines and bazookas, with supplies that can be found in any household, office ... (12/09/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $53,593,001 on Office Supplies Manufacturing. It has awarded 4,696 contracts to 416 companies, with an average value of $128,829 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Paints, artist's, manufacturing, Crayons manufacturing, Paper, carbon, Metal hand stamps manufacturing, Stamping devices, hand operated, Modeling clay manufacturing, Stencil paper manufacturing, Paper cutters, office-type, Pencil leads manufacturing, Chalkboards, framed, Artist's supplies (except paper) manufacturing, Drafting materials (except instruments and tables) manufacturing, Easels, artists', Palettes, Hand operated stamps (e.g., canceling, postmark, shoe, textile marking) manufacturing, Date stamps, Nibs (i.e., pen points) manufacturing, Rubber stamps manufacturing, Water colors, Clay, modeling, Inked ribbons manufacturing, Stamp pads manufacturing, Staplers manufacturing, Ribbons (e.g., cash register, printer, typewriter), inked, Canvas board, Label making equipment, handheld, Pen refills and cartridges manufacturing, Marking devices manufacturing, Holepunchers, Ball point pens manufacturing, Marker boards (i.e., whiteboards) manufacturing, Mechanical pencils manufacturing, Embossing stamps manufacturing, Branding irons (i.e., marking irons) manufacturing, Staple removers manufacturing, Blackboards, Canvas, prepared on frames, Frames for artist's canvases (i.e., stretchers) manufacturing, Stencils for painting and marking (e.g., cardboard, metal) manufacturing, Pens manufacturing, Felt tip markers manufacturing, Typewriter ribbons manufacturing, Pencil sharpeners manufacturing, Tape dispensers manufacturing, Carbon paper manufacturing, Mechanical pencil refills manufacturing, Brushes, Artist's paint manufacturing, Seal presses (e.g., notary), Chalk (e.g., blackboard, carpenter's, marking, tailor's), Ribbons, List finders and roledex address files manufacturing, Fountain pens manufacturing, stencil, Pencils manufacturing, etc.