Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Everlast Climbing Industries||32|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Baldwin County suing opioid manufacturers - The Baldwin County Commission passed a resolution Tuesday to enter into litigation against opioid manufacturers and distributors ... Stores like Dick's Sporting Goods and Academy Sports and Outdoors opened late Monday night and re-opened early Tuesday ... (01/10/2018)
- Global basketball equipment sales market forecast from 2018 to 2025 detailed in new research report - Key companies profiled in this report are Nike, Adidas, Amer Sports, Rawlings Sporting Goods, Spalding Sports Equipment ... As this will help manufacturers and investors alike, to have a better understanding of the direction in which the Basketball ... (01/09/2018)
- The ODM Group Eyeing Business Expansion, Visits Vietnam Factories - This means cheaper production cost for manufacturers and business owners. During the 5 day trip, ODM found high quality materials for sports apparel and balls. As of now, the factory for sporting goods is busy manufacturing orders for the upcoming FIFA ... (01/09/2018)
- Meerut's sport industry will be branded under ‘one district, one product’ scheme - It is a source of livelihood for hundreds of families who have been traditionally involved in the manufacture and sale of sports goods, including cricket bats, balls, gloves, badminton rackets and other sporting equipment. The industry caters to the ... (01/06/2018)
- NASGW Announce $25,000 Donation to American Suppressor Association - ANKENY, Iowa-(Ammoland.com)-The National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers (NASGW), the association representing shooting sports wholesalers, manufacturers, and their trade partners, announced a donation to the American Suppressor Association to ... (12/27/2017)
- Dick's Sporting Goods Earnings Send Sports Stocks (NKE, UAA, HIBB) Lower - Shares of Dick's Sporting Goods DKS plummeted on Tuesday morning after the retailer posted underwhelming quarterly same-store sales growth. The chain’s massive sell-off dragged sporting goods manufacturers ... brick-and-mortar sports chain carries ... (08/15/2017)
- GST rollout: Sports equipment, tickets for sporting events to get expensive - Sports manufacturers had previously been paying 2% excise duty on goods after the charge was brought to the fore in 2011. Under GST, these goods will be taxed in the 12-28 per cent slab which will take the pricing up significantly. The sporting ... (07/01/2017)
- Wholesale spending on sporting goods up 4.2%, says Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association - Wholesale sales on sporting goods, apparel, footwear, fitness equipment and licensed merchandise reached $77.3 billion in 2011, the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association ... Camps and Team Sports at School. Of those consumers who spent money on the ... (06/12/2012)
- Research and Markets: 2011 Worldwide Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing Industry Report Featuring 2011 Current and 2012 Forecast Estimates - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5fec2a/2011_worldwide_spo) has announced the addition of the "2011 Worldwide Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing Industry Report" report to their offering. (07/29/2011)
- Sporting Goods Market Ahead of the Game - The Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association reports its industry packed a steady punch this past year. Did traditional pastimes finish first or did extreme sports edge the competition? Tally the stats: Each year, the Sporting Goods Manufacturers ... (08/17/2004)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $56,679,674 on Sporting & Athletic Goods Manufacturing. It has awarded 3,183 contracts to 466 companies, with an average value of $121,630 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Baseball equipment and supplies (except footwear, uniforms) manufacturing, Snowshoes manufacturing, Caddy carts manufacturing, Gloves, sport and athletic (e.g., baseball, boxing, racketball, handball), manufacturing, Protectors, sports (e.g., basketball, hockey), Hooks, fishing, Surfboards manufacturing, Reels, Balls, football, golf, tennis, pool, and bowling, Bobsleds manufacturing, Bows, archery, Hockey skates manufacturing, Flies, artificial fishing, Golfing equipment (e.g., bags, balls, caddy carts, clubs, tees) manufacturing, Sporting goods (except ammunition, clothing, footwear, small arms) manufacturing, Rods and rod parts, Dumbbells manufacturing, Wet suits manufacturing, Tennis goods (e.g., frames, rackets) manufacturing, Archery equipment manufacturing, Leather gloves, athletic, Bowling pin machines, automatic, Skates and parts, ice and roller, Swimming pools, above ground, Skateboards manufacturing, Sailboards manufacturing, Boxing equipment manufacturing, Badminton equipment manufacturing, Clubs, sporting goods (e.g., Indian), Track and field athletic equipment (except apparel, footwear) manufacturing, Gymnasium and playground equipment, Skis and skiing equipment (except apparel) manufacturing, Bags, punching, Fishing tackle and equipment (except lines, nets, seines) manufacturing, Exercise machines manufacturing, Football equipment and supplies (except footwear, Fencing equipment (sporting goods) manufacturing, Carts, caddy, Helmets, athletic (except motorized vehicle crash helmets), Basketball equipment and supplies (except footwear, Croquet sets manufacturing, Bait, artificial, Roller skates manufacturing, Ice skates manufacturing, Hockey equipment (except apparel) manufacturing, Billiard equipment and supplies manufacturing, Athletic goods (except ammunition, Squash equipment (except apparel) manufacturing, Tackle, fishing (except line, seines), Toboggans manufacturing, Boomerangs manufacturing, Sticks, hockey, lacrosse), Jogging machines, Scuba diving equipment manufacturing, etc.
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.