|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Sign & Billboard Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Sign & Billboard Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Sign & Billboard Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Sign & Billboard Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Sign & Billboard Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Sign & Billboard Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Sign & Billboard Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Sign & Billboard Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||19%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||14%|
Sign & Billboard Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Impact Recovery Systems||12|
|Creative Safety Supply|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Samsung Reveals 'The Wall,' a Massive 146-Inch Video Wall - The cost of manufacturing LCD and OLED panels ... You've probably seen this technology before, in less micro a format. Very large video billboards and displays are often constructed out of similar LED arrays. They form a big, moving picture you can ... (01/08/2018)
- A giant billboard outside Tesla's Fremont factory is asking Elon Musk to 'dump Trump' - The billboard reads "Elon: Please Dump Trump" and sits just three miles outside the Fremont factory on I-880, SiliconValley.com first reported. The sign's tagline reads ... Trump's business advisory council and manufacturing jobs initiative. (03/10/2017)
- Target Signs Converts Six Billboards to Digital With Watchfire Digital Outdoor - The company is the digital billboard division of Watchfire Signs, which has been manufacturing outdoor electric signs since 1932. Watchfire has been manufacturing LED signs since 1996 and has more than 40,000 outdoor LED signs and billboards in daily ... (11/27/2012)
- Billboard taken down over controversial bilingual sign bylaw - but the business has decided a billboard near the airport in Dieppe must go. “They found advertisers felt they need to spend more money to produce a different sign,” says LeBlanc. Nora Bourque owns a sign manufacturing business in Dieppe. She says she ... (09/14/2012)
- Queens billboard no good for advertising: lawsuit - The company, once did its manufacturing in the Queens Plaza South space, putting its slogan, “Perfection is not an Accident,” on the billboard. “This is an iconic sign; it’s not far off from the Pepsi sign or other signs in the city that are ... (07/01/2012)
- Board to consider digital billboard along I-90 - The billboard could also alert drivers to traffic jams or an accident ahead. Carlson said it would comply with all state and federal requirements, as well as La Crosse County’s new sign requirements ... would involve light manufacturing and retail. (04/26/2012)
- Billboards not a good face on the city, citizens say - RACINE - In the face of concerted public opposition, the City Plan Commission on Tuesday night deferred a request to shuffle the placement of several billboards ... a representative of Modine Manufacturing who said a sign near the company's campus won ... (10/24/2007)
- NEIGHBORHOOD REPORT: BILLBOARD NEW YORK; Flatiron? It's Behind the Sign - Because the area is zoned as a manufacturing district, such signs are allowed, Kevin Finnegan, chairman of Community Board 5's land use committee, said. But, he said of the billboard, ''It's jarring, out of place and detracts from the view of the Flatiron ... (07/12/1998)
- Du Page Trims Sizes For New Billboards - The new regulations limit the sizes, ranging from 50 square feet in commercial and office districts to 200 square feet in manufacturing districts. Previously, the county`s rules on billboards mirrored state regulations that said the signs could be as large ... (07/27/1988)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $25,333,691 on Sign & Billboard Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,323 contracts to 272 companies, with an average value of $93,139 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Segments classified within this market research reportThis industry market research report includes companies whose primary business is any of the following:
Billboards manufacturing, Signs and signboards (except paper, paperboard) manufacturing, Neon signs manufacturing, Displays (e.g., counter, floor, point-of-purchase) manufacturing, Scoreboards manufacturing, Letters for signs manufacturing, Electrical signs manufacturing, etc.