Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||7%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||15%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||26%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||8%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||16%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||8%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Lighting Science Group||177|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Fulham VP to Address Problems of Lighting Controls and the Need for Interoperable Standards at IoT Evolution - Fulham sells its lighting solutions worldwide through original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and electrical equipment distribution channels. Headquartered in Hawthorne, Calif., the company has sales and/or manufacturing facilities in the Netherlands ... (01/09/2018)
- Branford Castle Fund Buys Vitrek, LLC A Leading Maker of Electrical Test Equipment - Vitrek has significant market share in the United States, with most of its competitors manufacturing ... brands in the electrical, electronics, medical, cable, power, lighting and consumer appliance sectors. "Customers use our equipment to test their ... (01/09/2018)
- Non-destructive testing equipment market is anticipated to worth US$ 12,353.37 million according to new research report - General Electric dominates non-destructive testing ... and energy connections & lighting. The GE Digital Solutions offers the non-destructive testing equipment through its inspection & non-destructive testing and aerospace non-destructive testing (NDT ... (01/09/2018)
- 5 Key Projections on Heavy Equipment Lamps Market for Forecast Period 2017 2026 - Hence, there has been a growth in the demand for lighting accessories that can be mounted on the equipment and can run on its own electrical system. The manufacturers of heavy equipment lamps are focusing on providing lighting depending on the use of ... (01/04/2018)
- These 4 electrical manufacturers may benefit from the govt's 'Saubhagya' scheme - The company is also an original design manufacturer (ODM) in respect of lighting products, LED TVs, and semi-automatic washing machines in the country. It makes consumer durables, illuminating equipment ... of manufacturing wires & cables, electrical ... (09/28/2017)
- Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing Market 2017 by Segment, Region, Analysis and Forecast to 2020 - Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing Market Global Briefing provides strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global electric lighting equipment manufacturing market. Reasons to Purchase -Get ... (08/28/2017)
- Global Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing Market Briefing 2017 - Research and Markets - DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing Market Global Briefing 2017" report to their offering. Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing Market Global Briefing provides ... (05/29/2017)
- An American innovation in light bulbs, but will manufacturing stay in the U.S.? - Lighting Science Group is, as a result, just the sort of manufacturer that many, including the Obama administration, have said they would like to keep in the United States. But while the company's manufacturing ... major General Electric factory set ... (09/16/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $39,281,075 on Electric Lighting Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,965 contracts to 578 companies, with an average value of $67,960 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.