Wiring Device Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wiring Device Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Wiring Device Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Wiring Device Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Wiring Device Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Wiring Device Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wiring Device Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wiring Device Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wiring Device Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||23%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||13%|
|Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers||11%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||10%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||18%|
|Other Production Occupations||8%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||5%|
Wiring Device Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Precision Coating Co., Inc. to Exhibit at MD&M West 2018 Conference in Anaheim, California - engineers innovative surface modification solutions to enhance the value and performance of medical wire, devices, and instruments, and will be meeting with visitors while exhibiting at this year's Medical Design and Manufacturing (MD&M) West Conference ... (01/12/2018)
- Signature Devices, Inc. Announces future detailed plan on Knoton and Kickstarter Campaign - Jan. 11, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via OTC PR WIRE - Signature Devices, Inc. (OTC PINK ... and industry leading manufacturing partners” said Mr. Elkhatib. The company will provide regular updates on the development of the first functioning prototype ... (01/11/2018)
- Shelton company pushes smart-home devices - The three-day event started Tuesday and draws more than 1,000 manufacturers from around the world to display ... The EV charger was developed between iDevices and Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems, a division of Hubbell. Along with being accessible through ... (01/11/2018)
- Automotive Wiring Harness Market - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2014-2022 - The Various Components That Are Assembled Include Speed Sensors, Hvac (Heating, Ventilation And Air-Conditioning) Systems, Electrical Devices ... Of The Automotive Wiring Harness Market. There Is A Stiff Competition Among The Car Manufacturers To Design ... (01/10/2018)
- Wearable Medical Devices Global Market 2017 Segmentation, Demand, Growth, Trend, Opportunity and Forecast to 2025 - 2.2 Manufacturing Cost Structure Analysis of Wearable Medical Devices 2.3 Manufacturing Process Analysis of Wearable Medical Devices 2.4 Industry Chain Structure of Wearable Medical Devices 3 Technical Data and Manufacturing Plants Analysis of Wearable ... (01/10/2018)
- Top 5 Medical Device Manufacturing Challenges in the Emerging Market - LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Infiniti Research, a universal market intelligence solutions provider, has launched their latest list blog on the top five challenges for medical devices manufacturers, which highlights the importance of regulatory compliance ... (01/09/2018)
- Global Cable Management Accessories Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - As this will help manufacturers and investors alike ... Chatsworth Products, Cooper Wiring Devices and others. Purchase a copy of this report at: https://www.themarketreports.com/report/buy-now/827367 When taking a good look at this report, based on ... (01/05/2018)
- Global Two-wheeler Wiring Harness Market Set to Grow at a CAGR of 10.41% During 2017-2021 - As the unsealed connectors are prone to damage and failure such as terminal issues and corrosion of wires, the OEMs and the two-wheeler manufacturers ... of ECUs to reduce wiring harness in two-wheelers. ECU is a very costly device as it incorporates ... (01/04/2018)
- Tax on medical devices to resume after 2-year suspension - A 2.3-percent excise tax on medical device manufacturers is set for reinstatement Monday after a two-year hiatus. It was originally imposed in 2013 as one of several taxes and fees in the Affordable Care Act that pay for expanded health coverage. (01/01/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $33,221,813 on Wiring Device Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,118 contracts to 605 companies, with an average value of $54,912 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|