Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Basic Chemical Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Basic Chemical Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Basic Chemical Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Basic Chemical Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Basic Chemical Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Basic Chemical Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Basic Chemical Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Basic Chemical Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||8%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||8%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||8%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||10%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Chemical Plant and System Operators||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||23%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||14%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||13%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
Basic Chemical Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Rohm & Haas||1041|
|Chevron Phillips Chemical||528|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Manufacturing sales remain robust - chemical, rubber and plastic products (17.8%) and non-metallic mineral products, basic metal and fabricated metal products (4.8%). These three sub-sectors contributed 79.7% to the sales value of the manufacturing sector. Total employees engaged in the ... (01/14/2018)
- Corn-based plastic developed in Decatur could lead to new plant, but where? - DowDuPont is the result of a recent merger of two even more storied American companies that revolutionized the commercialization and development of chemical manufacturing ... shelf life," which can change the basic rules of how soda and other products ... (01/13/2018)
- Project to start producing basic chemicals in Belarus in the pipeline - The head of the upper chamber of the Belarusian parliament remarked that the production and processing of polymer materials represents a large branch of the Belarusian chemical industry, however, Belarusian companies depend heavily on imported basic ... (01/12/2018)
- Record growth of European basic materials output - The broad basic materials sector – comprising chemicals, metals & mining and forestry & paper products – recorded the fastest expansion in production since the series began in January 1998. Four detailed manufacturing sectors posted record growth rates ... (01/10/2018)
- Life-saving medicines grow from fundamental chemistry, win Gates Foundation backing - So, there’s a lot of sociology that goes into it,” said Prud’homme, a professor of chemical and biological engineering ... After the Gates Foundation selected WuXi as the manufacturing site, in an unexpected twist, Prud’homme learned that ... (01/08/2018)
- Explore chemical vapor deposition industry trends to 2022 - The report provides a basic overview of the Global Chemical Vapor Deposition industry including its definition, applications and manufacturing technology. Then, the report explores the Global major industry players in detail. - Agency -. The Global ... (01/03/2018)
- Eastman Chemical (EMN) to Hike Prices of Resin Intermediates - According to the company, all areas of the manufacturing facility have ... Quote Zacks Rank & Stocks to Consider Eastman Chemical carries a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold). Some better-ranked stocks in the basic materials space are Kronos Worldwide Inc. KRO, Koppers ... (01/03/2018)
- Pharmaceutical Fine Chemicals Market (2017-2025) - Product Estimates & Trend Analysis - These pure chemicals are mixed with basic chemicals to convert into complex chemicals ... The raw material utilized for the manufacturing of pharmaceutical fine chemicals are governed by FDA U.S. The organization has set various quality standards for ... (12/27/2017)
- Research and Markets: Basic Chemical Manufacturing Industry in China 2012-2016: with Air Liquide Shanghai Co. Ltd, Xuzhou Guohua Industry and Trade Co. Ltd. and Yunnan Malong ... - has announced the addition of the "Basic Chemical Manufacturing Industry in China 2012-2016" report to their offering. The analysts forecast the Basic Chemical Manufacturing industry in China to grow at a CAGR of 14.7 percent over the period 2012-2016. (03/25/2014)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $179,844,217 on Basic Chemical Manufacturing. It has awarded 5,148 contracts to 554 companies, with an average value of $324,629 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.