|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||18%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||23%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||7%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Global Forklift Trucks Market Comparison by Types, Application and by Regions - As this will help manufacturers and investors alike, to have a better understanding of the direction in which the Forklift ... Materials Handling, Crown Equipment, Mitsubishi Nichiyu, UniCarriers Corp, Anhui Heli, Hangcha, Komatsu, Clark Material Handling ... (01/07/2018)
- Introducing Tech to Material Handling: Consider the Human Element - In the quest to increase productivity in material handling and manufacturing environments and be more responsive ... Is this something that will only be interacted with while the equipment is static and motionless, or will the interaction occur while ... (01/06/2018)
- Forklift Truck Market Analysis 2017 (By Segment, Key Players and Applications) and Forecasts To 2024 - Fork lift trucks are primarily used for material handling ... in the surrounding environment of logistics. Manufacturers of materials handling equipments are focusing towards the advancement of equipment with high performance owing to growing need of ... (01/03/2018)
- CombiLift to open new material handling equipment factory - Founded in 1988 and based in Monaghan, Ireland, CombiLift sells its multidirectional forklifts and long-load material handling solutions worldwide to companies involved in woodworking and other manufacturing sectors. Its North American subsidiary ... (01/02/2018)
- Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. Announces Agreement To Acquire A Controlling Interest In Zhejiang Maximal Forklift Company Limited - Maximal, a privately-held, Chinese OEM for utility and standard lift trucks and specialized material handling equipment founded in 2006 ... is expected to expand the Company's low-cost, global manufacturing capabilities, develop access to competitive ... (12/24/2017)
- Global automated material handling equipment market is projected - KPTV - FOX 12 - KEY FINDINGS Global automated material handling equipment market is projected to grow at 8.09% ... robotic system, and automated conveyor and sortation systems. The market by components is divided into hardware, software, and services while the market ... (11/28/2017)
- Increased Investments in Transport Infrastructure Development Projects Expected to Significantly Propel the Demand for Handling and Lifting Equipment Through 2020, Says Technavio - Global forklifts market: second largest segment of the global handling and lifting equipment market ... USD 29.01 billion in 2015. Conveyor belts are designed for transporting small amounts of material at different stages of manufacturing. (04/21/2016)
- Vallée unveils new lift trucks that expand its wide range of material handling equipment - Saint-Alban, Quebec – May 1 st, 2014 – Vallée Inc., a Canadian company specialized in the design and manufacturing of lift trucks and industrial ... the company has been distributing its material handling equipment across Canada as well as in the ... (05/01/2014)
- Material Handling Industry Forecast - Dewitt, NY - The First Quarter 2011 issue of The MHEDA Journal (http://www.themhedajournal.org), the leading online magazine for the forklift ... Association (ITA), Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association (CEMA) and Material Handling Industry of ... (02/07/2011)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $274,049,808 on Forklift, Conveyor & Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing. It has awarded 3,475 contracts to 860 companies, with an average value of $318,663 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|