Instant Download - Available immediately
Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||9%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||6%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||46%|
|Computer Control Programmers and Operators||6%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||5%|
Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Two Companies Invest in Multiple EOS Industrial Metal 3D Printing Systems - For the purposes of industrial manufacturing projects ... and uses open parameter sets for its direct metal laser sintering (DMLS) equipment to achieve superior surface finishes and create complex part geometries. The company already owns six other ... (01/10/2018)
- Metal fabricator sells business - Lakewood Fab Tech Founded in 1964, Lakewood Fab Tech specializes in the manufacturing of machines, sub-assemblies and parts for food processing, material handling and automated assembly. The company has experience in laser cutting, metal forming ... (01/10/2018)
- Fives Machining Systems announces acquisition of Konecranes Machine Tool Service division - January 10, 2018 – Fives Machining Systems, a global machine tool and complete manufacturing solutions provider ... OH both of which will remain key operating locations. The Fives Metal Cutting | Composites business line is comprised of Fives Machining ... (01/10/2018)
- EVO Additive Manufacturing System features 7 in. MATRIX touchscreen display. - Featuring aluminum unitized frame and one-piece steel build platform and constructed in a rigid monocoque, EVO Additive Manufacturing System is used ... and the ability to work in metal. Imagine a desktop 3D printer so advanced that its creators refuse ... (01/10/2018)
- Chocolate factory overcomes costly machinery downtime by replacing metal parts with 3D-printed composite components - “With Stratasys additive manufacturing, we can produce customized replacement parts on-demand that can perform just as effectively as the metal machine parts. We can 3D print and deliver production parts to The Chocolate Factory in under a week, which is ... (01/10/2018)
- Despite Apapa gridlock, manufacturers’ purchasing level expands - primary metal and electrical equipment. At 63.2 points, the production level index for the manufacturing sector grew for the tenth consecutive month in December 2017. The index indicated an increase in production in the current month, when compared to its ... (01/10/2018)
- Chocolate Factory Overcomes Costly Machinery Downtime by Replacing Metal Parts with Stratasys High-Performance Composite 3D Printing Material - “With Stratasys additive manufacturing, we can produce customized replacement parts on-demand that can perform just as effectively as the metal machine parts. We can 3D print and deliver production parts to The Chocolate Factory in under a week, which is ... (01/09/2018)
- Metal plating and finishing market forecast to 2025 explored in latest research - Development policies and plans are discussed as well as manufacturing processes ... Upstream raw materials, equipment and downstream consumers analysis is also carried out. What's more, the Metal Plating and Finishing Market industry development trends ... (01/09/2018)
- Woman opens new shop as small-town manufacturing changes [photos] - Inside a squat metal building on the outskirts of Fort Payne, Ala., huge spools of cheerfully colored thread hang like nursery mobiles above rows of blue knitting machines the size ... In the absence of large-scale manufacturing opportunities, Locklear ... (01/07/2018)
- Nigeria’s Manufacturing Sector: From Inertia to Nine Consecutive Months of Growth - primary metal and electrical equipment. However, the computer and electronic products sector contracted in the review month. The PMI report showed that the production level index for the manufacturing sector grew for the tenth consecutive month in December ... (01/07/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $73,292,129 on Metalworking Machinery Manufacturing. It has awarded 2,474 contracts to 679 companies, with an average value of $107,941 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.