|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Animal Food Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Animal Food Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Animal Food Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Animal Food Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Animal Food Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Animal Food Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Animal Food Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Animal Food Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||3%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||12%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Food Processing Workers||6%|
|Miscellaneous Food Processing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||29%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||12%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||10%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||10%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||21%|
|Motor Vehicle Operators||8%|
|Driver/Sales Workers and Truck Drivers||8%|
|Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||12%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Animal Food Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Hill's Pet Nutrition||290|
|Land O'lakes Purina Feed||245|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Frozen and Freeze-Dried Pet Food Global Industry 2018 Sales, Supply and Consumption Forecasts to 2022 - WiseGuyReports.Com adds” Global (North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) Frozen and Freeze-Dried Pet Food Market 2017 Forecast to 2022 “Research To Its Database. "Freeze-dried formulas use low temperatures and ... (01/10/2018)
- Report explores the Global pet food nutraceuticals market that will continue to grow at 4.12% CAGR by 2021 - The pet food nutraceuticals market is characterized as dietary supplements ... This is a major factor for rapid growth of the holistic pet care industry. (01/08/2018)
- Smithfield Foods Achieves Industry-Leading Animal Care Commitment, Unveils New Virtual Reality Video of Its Group Housing Systems - We stand committed to continue leading the industry in both animal care and transparency ... Smithfield Foods is committed to providing good food in a responsible way and maintains robust animal care, community involvement, employee safety, environmental ... (01/08/2018)
- Cargill acquires Ohio pet food manufacturer - Cargill Inc., one of the largest animal feed and pet food suppliers in the world, has acquired an Ohio pet food manufacturing company to expand that part of its business. The Minnetonka-based company announced Tuesday it has entered into an agreement to ... (01/02/2018)
- Keep The Animal Agriculture Industry Out Of The New Food Guide - Earlier this year, Health Canada issued a much-anticipated draft revision to Canada's food guide. In line with global trends, it suggested eliminating the outdated food category and serving size/number format. Instead, broad, easy-to-follow, culturally ... (12/27/2017)
- Global Pet Food Industry - The Global Pet Food market has been estimated at USD 75.50 Billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 95.45 Billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021. “Pet food” means any commercial feed prepared for ... (12/25/2017)
- Pet Food Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2017-2022 - NEW YORK, March 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- s proof enough that animals have played an important role in the lives of humans since ancient times. They were used by humans to serve multiple purposes such as food, clothes and transportation. But, the last few ... (03/07/2017)
- Kansas City finds itself right in the middle of the pet food industry - If you had to pick the center of the pet food world — or at least its manufacturing — the region around Kansas City would be a good choice. Four of the top five pet food companies own manufacturing operations in the animal health corridor, which ... (04/30/2015)
- Pet Food Safety: What Changes Will FSMA Make? - pack or hold animal feed and pet food to equal processing standards. It encompasses both Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and hazard analysis and risk-based preventive controls. “With this rule, I think we’ll move the safety of the feed supply forward. (12/09/2013)
- Imported pet food raising poison concerns - but if the pet food industry is big business, it also has a bit of a problem. In recent months pet owners and vets claim dogs and cats have been poisoned by contaminated imported pet food. While these products have been recalled, veterinarians say the pet ... (01/12/2009)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $12,613,597 on Animal Food Manufacturing. It has awarded 705 contracts to 84 companies, with an average value of $150,162 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.