Metal Valve Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Metal Valve Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Metal Valve Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Metal Valve Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Metal Valve Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Metal Valve Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Metal Valve Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Metal Valve Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Metal Valve Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||13%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||11%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||30%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||8%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
Metal Valve Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Honeywell approves Sintavia to 3D print metal aerospace components - Metal additive manufacturing company Sintavia has announced that it has ... turbofan engines, and engine control valves, all of which contain extensive metal components and may now be 3D printed using Sintavia’s powder bed fusion process. (01/11/2018)
- The Target Report: Will the Real Crane Please Stand Up? - Neenah Paper acquired the manufacturing rights to the Crane brands in ... Crane founded a brass and bell foundry in Chicago, eventually specializing in valves, fittings, and specialty metal castings. The company used its metal casting expertise to develop ... (01/09/2018)
- Cast vs Forged - Car Craft: Most of us are familiar with the terms “casting” and “forging” in relation to the foundation of pistons and engine components, without thinking about what separates the two metal processes ... looking at the manufacturing process ... (01/08/2018)
- PURGENVENT Air Venting Valves feature built in Purge Valve. - The 7900AAV valve comes with integral isolation valve, strainer, purge valve and automatic air vent and. 7950ILV uses inline air/water separation chamber in the separation of air and is suitable for location restricted systems. AGF Manufacturing Inc., a ... (08/16/2017)
- Watson Valve announces new President - and modification of severe service metal seated ball valves. Our product line is unique because we utilize over 50 years of experience and the proven coatings technology of our sister company, Watson Grinding & Manufacturing. Not only do we fabricate and ... (07/21/2016)
- Company increases valve-ball size - As a result of continued research into and development of its technical ceramics manufacturing capabilities, advanced materials company Morgan Advanced Materials can now manufacture balls of up to diameter nominal 250 (DN250) for severe service valves from ... (08/06/2015)
- Kennedy Valve: Elmira's masters of molten metal - With about 325 employees locally, Kennedy Valve Co. has been an Elmira success story since 1907 ... achieves that through employee development and engagement, lean manufacturing techniques and customer focus, said Arne Feyling, vice president and general ... (03/24/2015)
- Chapman Valve employees in Springfield may be eligible for radiation compensation as nuclear weapons workers; meetings slated - Chapman Valve Manufacturing Co. supplied valves to Manhattan Project ... In 1949, Chapman may have also conducted rolling operations on uranium metal. The Chapman site also suffered from residual contamination from 1950 to 1994. The site was remediated ... (06/11/2014)
- Research and Markets: The Industrial Valve Manufacturing Industry's Revenue for the Year 2009 Was Approximately $9.4 Billion USD, With an Estimated Gross Profit Of 37.14%. - Definition & Classification This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing industrial valves and valves for water works and municipal water systems. This 6-digit NAICS industry (332911) is under the hierarchy of Metal Valve ... (09/01/2010)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $128,535,334 on Metal Valve Manufacturing. It has awarded 7,195 contracts to 1,374 companies, with an average value of $93,548 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|