|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Textile Mills
Overview: the U.S. Textile Mills Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Textile Mills:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Textile Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Textile Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Textile Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Textile Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Textile Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||8%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||5%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||7%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||47%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||38%|
|Textile Bleaching and Dyeing Machine Operators and Tenders||8%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||13%|
|Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||15%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||6%|
|Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||12%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||7%|
|Material Moving Workers||6%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Textile Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Springs Global US||490|
|Horizon Group Usa||216|
|Samson Rope Technologies||41|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- LHC seeks reply from FBR on notice issued to M/s Moiz Textile - LAHORE: Lahore High Court (LHC) has suspended the audit notice issued to M/s Moiz Textile Mills by the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR). On Tuesday, Justice Shahid Karim of Lahore high Court (LHC) heard the appeal filed by M/s Moiz Textile Mills against the ... (01/11/2018)
- What's being done with Windsor's crumbling textile plant by the 101? - WINDSOR, N.S. — As far as Annapolis Valley landmarks go, the former Nova Scotia Textiles building, also known as Mill Island, is kind of hard to miss. Its crumbling brick exterior and smashed windows has become a symbol of nostalgia and industrial decline. (01/11/2018)
- What exactly is happening with Windsor’s iconic Nova Scotia Textiles building? - Mark Goudge WINDSOR, N.S. — As far as Annapolis Valley landmarks go, the former Nova Scotia Textiles building, also known as Mill Island, is kind of hard to miss. Its crumbling brick exterior and smashed windows has become a symbol of nostalgia and ... (01/10/2018)
- Mothers petition court to "free" daughters employed in Indian spinning mill - There are more than 1,500 mills in Tamil Nadu, the biggest hub for textile and manufacturers in India, employing up to 400,000 workers to turn cotton into yarn, fabric and clothes. A majority of the young workers are drawn from poor families and are housed ... (01/09/2018)
- APTMA requests Pak govt for long-term textile policy - The All Pakistan Textile Mills Association (APTMA) has urged the government to announce a long-term policy for the revival of the textile industry as desired by the prime minister in September and lay down its implementation mechanism. An early ... (01/06/2018)
- Mills to crowded clusters: The story of Mumbai's textile mills - It has been just about a week since a fire ravaged Mumbai's Kamala Mills, killing 14 people. The city's municipal body has been in damage control mode ever since. It has demolished illegal structures around Mumbai to ensure that such incidents aren't repeated. (01/05/2018)
- Workers held captive in Indian mills supplying Hugo Boss - category leader for apparel and textiles at ETI. “We recognise that poor conditions and restrictions on freedom of movement exist in mill-owned hostels, and a lot still needs to be done.” (01/04/2018)
- Century-old textile mill to be revived as culture zone - TAIYUAN, Jan. 2 (Xinhua) -- The government of Jinzhong City in north China's Shanxi Province is cooperating with enterprises to revive its century-old Jinhua Textile Mill by turning it into a culture zone. The local government has raised more than 300 ... (01/03/2018)
- Kamala Mills fire: 100 illegal structures demolished, 3 cases registered - The massive fire that had swept through the pub left 14 people dead and 21 injured. The same central Mumbai area -- a former textile mill district, now dotted by swanky glass-and- concrete towers -- had witnessed the death of 23 people in a stampede at a ... (12/30/2017)
- America’s 25 dying industries include sound studios, textiles, newspapers - Employment in the industry fell by 42.9% over the same period, one of the largest declines of any sector. 20. Textile and fabric finishing mills Employment change 2007-2016: -44.4% Employment total: 23,739 Wage growth 2007-2016: 23.1% Avg. annual wage ... (12/28/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $84,786,443 on Textile Mills. It has awarded 2,073 contracts to 334 companies, with an average value of $253,852 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|