|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Textile Product Mills
Overview of the U.S. Textile Product Mills IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Textile Product Mills: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Textile Product Mills Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Textile Product Mills companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Textile Product Mills company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Textile Product Mills industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Textile Product Mills measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||11%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||45%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||25%|
|Sewing Machine Operators||25%|
|Textile Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||13%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Textile Winding, Twisting, and Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Miscellaneous Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||8%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Textile Product Mills Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Hollander Sleep Products||588|
|Avintiv Specialty Materials||58|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- One of Manchester's largest surviving textile mills will be turned into swanky flats - and it's for owner occupiers only - Under proposals from Capital & Centric, Talbot Mill on Ellesmere Street will be restored and converted into 202 swanky new apartments. Built in 1855, Talbot was a product of Manchester’s textile boom. The industrial beast spearheaded rapid transformation ... (01/13/2018)
- Approval recommended for textile mill conversion - I am delighted to introduce Insider’s Great West Inward Investment Prospectus, which provides a unique showcase of our region’s business successes and innovative solutions, products and... (01/12/2018)
- Industrial fabrics industry examined in new market research report - Industrial fabrics are designed and engineered to be used in products, processes, or services where functional requirement trump the aesthetic form commonly considered the realm of textiles. They are used by non-apparel industry professionals for ... (01/12/2018)
- Thumbs up for £50m conversion of historic mill into apartments - Under proposals from Capital&Centric, Talbot Mill on Ellesmere Street will be restored and converted into 202 new apartments. Built in 1855, Talbot was a product of Manchester’s textile boom. The industrial beast spearheaded rapid transformation of the ... (01/12/2018)
- Ultimate Yarn Evenness Testing And More – With The Total Testing Center - “We are able to analyze the product at a single glance,” says Khorshed Ali, Senior Manager Quality Control at Pahartali Textile & Hosiery Mills. Another well-appreciated quality analysis shows the total of pre-defined imperfection classes ... (01/11/2018)
- ECC Approves Withdrawal of All Taxes on Imported Cotton - Domestic cotton is of short to medium staple length therefore, long and extra long staple cotton has to be imported for production of finer yarn counts for subsequent transformation into high value-added finished products. Import of cotton has remained ... (01/08/2018)
- 350 mills to stop purchase of cotton waste from Tamil Nadu - Jeans, nighties, terry towels, bed spread, window screens, petticoats and various other products are manufactured using the yarn made in the OE mills. Each day ... it affects the entire textile value chain.” “Price hike of raw material paves way ... (01/06/2018)
- Bangladesh to revive 13 textiles mills under PPP - It says the private parties will implement the project, maintain the mills and market the textile products. Of the 86 state-owned textile mills, BTMC handed over 60 mills to the Privatisation Commission between 1977 and 2013, and runs 24 factories across ... (01/02/2018)
- Pakistan's textile sector: Policy grievances marked 2017 - Export of yarn needs patronage, else it may lead to closure of mills. The spinning sector is incurring losses ... to December 2020 and include textile products under the facility. Opposing the government proposal to impose 5 per cent regulatory duty ... (01/02/2018)
- Textile industry tries to cope with a knotty GST - Industry sources say that as more textile units get into the formal tax system, the prices of textile products might go up in the coming ... Nataraj, Chairman, Southern India Mills’ Association. “Capacity utilisation in spinning should go up if yarn ... (12/30/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $150,669,186 on Textile Product Mills. It has awarded 3,720 contracts to 837 companies, with an average value of $180,011 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.