|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Chemical Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Chemical Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Chemical Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Chemical Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Chemical Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Chemical Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Chemical Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Chemical Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||6%|
|Business Operations Specialists||7%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||6%|
|Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations||9%|
|Chemists and Materials Scientists||5%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||6%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||7%|
|Textile, Apparel, and Furnishings Workers||5%|
|Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Plant and System Operators||12%|
|Chemical Plant and System Operators||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||28%|
|Chemical Processing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||8%|
|Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders||7%|
|Crushing, Grinding, Polishing, Mixing, and Blending Workers||7%|
|Mixing and Blending Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||7%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||6%|
|Material Moving Workers||8%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Chemical Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|Procter & Gamble||7940|
|E. I. DU Pont DE Nemours||5833|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Factory output growth hits 17-month high of 8.4% in November - Manufacturing sector, which constitutes 77.63% of the IIP, recorded an impressive growth of 10.2% in November as compared to 4% a year ago. The industry group ‘Manufacture of pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemical and botanical products’ has shown the ... (01/13/2018)
- US review shows pesticides harm threatened salmon, whales - Dow Chemical, based in Midland ... and company CEO Andrew Liveris led a now-disbanded White House manufacturing working group. CropLife America, an industry trade group that lobbies Congress and federal agencies on pesticide regulations, said it is ... (01/12/2018)
- Sulfuric Acid Suppliers in Canada - BizVibe Announces a New B2B Networking Platform for the Sulfuric Acid Industry in Canada - chemical manufacturing, paper & pulp, petroleum refinery, metal processing, and automotive industries, sulfuric acid is in high demand around the world. It is expected that the global sulfuric acid market will continue flourishing, posing greater ... (01/12/2018)
- Using Technology to Mitigate Risks in Chemical Manufacturing - Chemical manufacturing is about transforming materials from one form/state/type to another, and during the process, some of the base raw material characteristics are inherited by the semi-finished or finished goods. Having to retest for those ... (01/10/2018)
- Recent research: Global drilling chemicals industry sales - With this Drilling Chemicals Market report, one is sure to keep up with information on the dogged competition for market share and control, between elite manufacturers. It also features, price, production, and revenue. Global Drilling Chemicals Market ... (01/10/2018)
- Altech Chemicals Ltd (ASX:ATC) Malaysian Manufacturing Licence Application Lodged - (MENAFN - ABN Newswire) Perth, Jan 9, 2018 AEST (ABN Newswire) - Altech Chemicals Limited () () is pleased to announce that its wholly owned Malaysian subsidiary, Altech Chemicals Sdn Bhd has submitted a manufacturing licence application to the Malaysian ... (01/09/2018)
- Global Swimming Pool Chemical Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, January 06, 2018 ) Global Swimming Pool Chemical Market report is replete with detailed analysis from a thorough research, especially on questions that border on market size, development environment, futuristic developments, operation ... (01/06/2018)
- European Stocks Extend Gains as Automobile Equities, Chemical-Manufacturers Log Gains - European equity benchmarks were extending gains on Friday, buoyed by rising inflation and consumer confidence in France, which is home to the region's second largest economy, and a rally among car-makers. France's Consumer Price Index rose by 0.3% in ... (01/05/2018)
- These toxic chemicals are everywhere — even in your body. And they won’t ever go away. - In the health-care industry, Kaiser Permanente announced in 2016 that it is banning Forever Chemicals in furniture and materials in its building projects. Manufacturers HermanMiller and Shaw are offering products without them as well. Even consumer product ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $11,983,376,873 on Chemical Manufacturing. It has awarded 53,722 contracts to 3,117 companies, with an average value of $3,844,523 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.