Paper Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Paper Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Paper Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Paper Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Paper Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Paper Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Paper Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Paper Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Paper Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||9%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||6%|
|Other Production Occupations||40%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||28%|
|Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||21%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||13%|
|Material Moving Workers||11%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||7%|
Paper Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|State Street Global Advisors Trust||693|
|Graphic Packaging International||370|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Pumpset manufacturers celebrate Coimbatore Vizha - According to Kanishka Arumugam, director of Ekki Pumps and Deccan Pumps, about 10 pump manufacturers, including leading brands and smaller players, supplied pumps for the formation. These include agriculture, domestic, and industrial pumps. “Coimbatore ... (01/12/2018)
- Catalyst Paper to be hit by new American duties - Richmond-headquartered Catalyst Paper is among the Canadian companies that will be hit by new American duties of 6%. The U.S. Commerce Department on January 9 announced preliminary countervailing duties against Canadian newsprint of 6% to 6.5%. The Forest ... (01/10/2018)
- Full-graphic e-paper ESL market by top manufacturers expected enormous hike till 2025 detailed in new research report - Global Full-Graphic E-Paper ESL Market including size, forecast, trend, share, growth, overview, key players, technologies, market drivers, challenges, standardization, regulatory landscape, deployment models, operator case studies, opportunities, future ... (01/09/2018)
- Eurozone countries’ manufacturing sectors are diverging, Italian paper finds - You are currently accessing Central Banking via your Enterprise account. If you already have an account please use the link below to sign in. If you have any problems with your access or would like to request an individual access account please contact our ... (01/05/2018)
- Global Airlaid Paper Market by Manufacturers, Types, Regions and Application Research Report Forecast to 2022 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, January 05, 2018 ) Global Airlaid Paper Market report is replete with detailed analysis from a thorough research, especially on questions that border on market size, development environment, futuristic developments, operation situation ... (01/05/2018)
- Saudi Paper Manufacturing SJSC : Al Inma Bank reschedules SPMC's SAR 277m loan - The contract's period will start on 19 February 2018 until 19 November 2023 Through the finance, SPMC aims to reschedule the current Islamic loan and finance its expenses for developing and expanding the company and its production capacity. The finance was ... (12/22/2017)
- Latest Paper manufacturing News - AIR MENDUYUNG, Indonesia (AP) — Less than five years after it pledged to end dozens of disputes over land and gain local consent for new plantations in Indonesia, one of the world's largest paper companies is backsliding on those vows. At issue: its ... (12/20/2017)
- Appvion to Consolidate Carbonless Paper Manufacturing Operations - Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania, to Become Hub of Carbonless and Specialty Paper Production APPLETON, Wis., Nov. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Appvion, Inc. today announced plans to consolidate the majority of the carbonless paper coating and rewinding operations ... (11/09/2017)
- Increased Demand for Paper and Paper Products Will Drive the Paper Manufacturing Market in Bulgaria until 2020, Reports Technavio - LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Technavio analysts forecast the paper manufacturing market in Bulgaria to grow at a CAGR of more than 12% during the forecast period, according to their latest report. The research study covers the present scenario and growth ... (07/29/2016)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $242,115,564 on Paper Manufacturing. It has awarded 4,154 contracts to 534 companies, with an average value of $453,400 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.