|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Wood Product Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Wood Product Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Wood Product Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Wood Product Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Wood Product Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Wood Product Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Wood Product Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Wood Product Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Occupations||5%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||5%|
|Construction Trades Workers||7%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||7%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||6%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||21%|
|Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood||9%|
|Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing||12%|
|Other Production Occupations||10%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||5%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||18%|
|Material Moving Workers||14%|
|Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators||6%|
|Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators||6%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||9%|
|Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand||6%|
Wood Product Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- China Wood Optimization Awarded National Science and Technology Progress Award - manufacturing and sales of processed wood products, as well as providing a Wood Processing Procedure Service for customers with a self-developed wood processing procedure and a self-developed impregnation fluid. The Group's processed wood products include ... (01/13/2018)
- Wood furniture market overview & industry landscape insights shared in detailed report - In addition, the technology and product type introduced by each of these manufacturers also form a key part of this section of the report. 3 Global Wood Furniture Capacity, Production, Revenue (Value) by Region (2012-2018) 4 Global Wood Furniture Supply ... (01/12/2018)
- Forest Products and Wood Manufacturing Jobs Subject of Governor Backed Bill - AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - Maine's Republican governor is behind a bill to promote forest products and wood manufacturing jobs through incentives. Democratic Sen. James Dill is sponsoring Gov. Paul LePage's bill, which is set for a Monday hearing. An energy ... (01/08/2018)
- ETFs to Buy as U.S. Manufacturing Hits 13-Year High - Of the 18 manufacturing industries, 15 recorded an increase in December with Machinery, Computer & Electronic Products; Paper Products; Apparel & Allied Products; Metals and Nonmetallic Mineral Products deserving special mention. Wood Products and ... (01/05/2018)
- Manufacturing finishes 2017 with strong momentum, reports ISM - ISM said that 16 of the 18 manufacturing industries reported growth in December ... Two industries reported contraction during the period: Wood Products; and Textile Mills. Comments from ISM member respondents included in the report were largely positive. (01/04/2018)
- Manufacturing Sector Expands in December - The manufacturing sector expanded in December ... Two industries reported contraction during the period: Wood Products; and Textile Mills. For more information, visit www.ism.ws. (01/03/2018)
- Manufacturing Grows for the 16th Consecutive Month, According to the December 2017 Manufacturing ISM Report On Business - The Manufacturing ISM Report On Business is published monthly ... Two industries reported contraction during the period: Wood Products; and Textile Mills. (01/03/2018)
- New products quicken pulse of business - Today, about 13,713 people are employed in 567 Lane County manufacturing firms, including wood products, metal fabrication, machinery, and food and beverage. Yet manufacturing plays an influential role in the local economy. The industry pays an average ... (01/02/2018)
- Cooks BBQ opens $1.4 million facility as cooking with wood booms - Cooks BBQ Products, a manufacturer of wood chips, wood chunks, pellets, logs, firewood, barbecue charcoal and other grill products, will open a $1.4 million manufacturing facility about 95 miles north of Little Rock, Arkansas. The new facility will create ... (01/02/2018)
- Wood manufacturer to build $3.3m, 100-job Tennessee facility - ... officials say a wood manufacturing company will invest $3.3 million in a new Tennessee facility that will create 100 jobs. A Department of Economic and Community Development news release says Escue Wood Treated Products, LLC will build the new ... (01/02/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $266,445,172 on Wood Product Manufacturing. It has awarded 1,966 contracts to 576 companies, with an average value of $462,578 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.