Machinery Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Machinery Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Machinery Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Machinery Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Machinery Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Machinery Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Machinery Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Machinery Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Machinery Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Computer and Mathematical Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||10%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||10%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||5%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Electrical, Electronics, and Electromechanical Assemblers||6%|
|Engine and Other Machine Assemblers||9%|
|Engine and Other Machine Assemblers||9%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||12%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||26%|
|Computer Control Programmers and Operators||6%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Tool and Die Makers||9%|
|Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Workers||6%|
|Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers||5%|
|Other Production Occupations||6%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||5%|
Machinery Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|John Deere Seeding Group - Valley City||1484|
|Valeo North America||633|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Global machine tool manufacturing market to 2020 - Cleveland, Ohio – The "Machine Tool Manufacturing: Global Markets to 2020" report indicates the global market for machine tool manufacturing reached $83.5 billion in 2016. The market should reach $88.2 billion by 2020, growing at a compound annual growth ... (01/15/2018)
- Global Manufacturing Filtration Equipment Market Segmentation by Product Types and Application with Forecast to 2025 - (EMAILWIRE.COM, January 14, 2018 ) Global Manufacturing Filtration Equipment Market report is replete with detailed analysis from a thorough research, especially on questions that border on market size, development environment, futuristic developments ... (01/14/2018)
- Lewis Machine relocating gun manufacturing to Eldridge - Huddled along the construction site in the Eldridge Industrial Park, Lewis Machine & Tool Co. celebrated the launch Friday of the company's new firearms manufacturing plant and headquarters. A handful of company leaders joined Eldridge city officials ... (01/12/2018)
- Curb-and-gutter machine manufacturers focus on keeping it simple - Contractors are looking for more simplicity in their curb-and-gutter machines. So, manufacturers have made that a top goal in their design principles. “A big part of making the machine more productive is making it easy to run,” says Stephen Bullock ... (01/12/2018)
- Global Top 6 Agriculture Equipment Manufacturers Comparative SWOT & Strategy Focus Report 2017-2021 - The "Comparative SWOT & Strategy Focus - 2017-2021- Global Top 6 Agriculture Equipment Manufacturers - John Deere, CNH, AGCO, CLAAS, SDF Group, Kubota" report has been added to Research and Markets' offering. The report provides a Comprehensive ... (01/09/2018)
- Association of Gaming Equipment Manufacturers (AGEM) Releases December 2017 Index - During the latest period, seven of the 12 global gaming equipment manufacturers reported month-to-month increases in stock price. Five manufacturers reported decreases in stock price during the month, with all manufacturers posting single-digit increases ... (01/09/2018)
- Learn details of the semiconductor manufacturing equipment market - Top Vendors in Global Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment Market are Adams Lithographing, Am Lithography Corporation, Asml Holdings N.V., Canon, Energetiq Technology Inc, Ev Group, GigaphotonInc, Inpria, Jeol, Mapper Lithography, Nikon & Nil Technology ... (01/09/2018)
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers buys business analytics firm - https://www.biztimes.com/2018/industries/banking-finance/association-of-equipment-manufacturers-buys-business-analytics-firm/ Milwaukee-based international trade group Association of Equipment Manufacturers has acquired Minneapolis-based data processing ... (01/05/2018)
- Medical Equipment Manufacturers in the USA - BizVibe Announces a New B2B Networking Platform for the Healthcare Industry - LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BizVibe, a smart B2B networking platform for global B2B buyers and suppliers, announced today the next generation of its B2B networking platform for the medical equipment manufacturers in the USA. With the update, businesses can ... (01/04/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,713,229,359 on Machinery Manufacturing. It has awarded 52,238 contracts to 9,575 companies, with an average value of $387,805 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.