|Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Current State of the Industry|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Statistics|
|Public Company Information|
|Key Private Companies|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Miscellaneous Manufacturing
Overview: the U.S. Miscellaneous Manufacturing Industry
This section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry Statistics
The total U.S. industry market size for Miscellaneous Manufacturing:
Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders.
In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Miscellaneous Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Miscellaneous Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Miscellaneous Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Miscellaneous Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Miscellaneous Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||2%|
|Business and Financial Operations Occupations||5%|
|Architecture and Engineering Occupations||5%|
|Sales and Related Occupations||5%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||14%|
|Information and Record Clerks||6%|
|Material Recording, Scheduling, Dispatching, and Distributing Workers||6%|
|Assemblers and Fabricators||17%|
|Miscellaneous Assemblers and Fabricators||14%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||10%|
|Other Production Occupations||19%|
|Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers||21%|
|Jewelers and Precious Stone and Metal Workers||21%|
|Medical, Dental, and Ophthalmic Laboratory Technicians||8%|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||9%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||6%|
Miscellaneous Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Stakeholders hopeful of better auto fortunes in 2018 - Similarly, the Chairman, Motor Vehicle and Miscellaneous Assemblies Sectoral Group ... Sales and After Sales, Honda Manufacturing Nigeria Limited, Olabade Badejo, noted that the recession of 2017 still bites very hard regardless of the economy’s exit. (01/12/2018)
- New Geneva Stoneware - Stoneware pots such as these were made in the 19th century in local communities such as New Geneva and Greensboro, Pennsylvania. It has been the mission of New Geneva Stoneware Co. to carry on the tradition of quality started by our ancestors. We have ... (01/10/2018)
- PMI at 59.7pc ; December Manufacturing ISM Report On Business - (Miscellaneous Manufacturing) •"First quarter 2018 probably will be better than the fourth quarter 2017." (Fabricated Metal Products) •"Domestic and international sales on the rise." (Transportation Equipment) •"Economy [is] strong and business is ... (01/10/2018)
- 5 Fidelity Funds To Buy On Phenomenal Manufacturing Data - Among the 18 industries that were surveyed, 15 reported growth. Some of these industries include: Machinery; Primary Metals; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Fabricated Metal Products; Chemical Products; Nonmetallic Mineral Products; Electrical Equipment ... (01/05/2018)
- ISM reports strong finish for manufacturing in 2017 - Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components. Two industries reported contraction ... (01/04/2018)
- Purchasing Managers' Index Expanded to 59.7% in December - miscellaneous manufacturing; food, beverage & tobacco products; furniture & related products; transportation equipment; chemical products; fabricated metal products; and electrical equipment, appliances & components. Two industries reported contraction ... (01/04/2018)
- Manufacturing Sector Expands in December - Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components. Two industries reported contraction ... (01/03/2018)
- Manufacturing Grows for the 16th Consecutive Month, According to the December 2017 Manufacturing ISM Report On Business - Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components. Two industries reported contraction ... (01/03/2018)
- PMI® at 59.7%; December Manufacturing ISM® Report On Business® - Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal Products; and Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components. Two industries reported contraction ... (01/03/2018)
- Smead Manufacturing Co - How do I get my business listed? Our directory features more than 18 million business listings from across the entire US. However, if we're missing your business, just click the button below to request that it be added. (12/26/2017)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $3,161,906,270 on Miscellaneous Manufacturing. It has awarded 139,034 contracts to 7,897 companies, with an average value of $400,393 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|