Primary Metal Manufacturing Industry AnalysisIdentify industry changes, evaluate the market size, market outlook, trends, key players, and growth opportunities.
|Contents||Standard Report||Premium Report|
|Industry Overview & Outlook|
|Market Size (industry trends)|
|Market Forecast (5-year projection)|
|Revenue per State|
|Salary & Compensation Benchmarks|
|Industry News & Innovators|
|Instant Download - Available immediately upon purchase|
|Download both PDF and Excel
2018 Market Analysis & Industry Outlook: Primary Metal Manufacturing
Overview of the U.S. Primary Metal Manufacturing IndustryThis section provides answers to key questions about the industry:
- What is the total market size (industry revenue)?
- What is the industry outlook?
- Market Analysis: Is the market growing or declining, and how quickly?
- Are long-term forecasts positive or negative?
- What is the average company size in the industry?
- How many companies are in the industry?
Market Size & Industry StatisticsThe total U.S. industry market size for Primary Metal Manufacturing: Industry statistics cover all companies in the United States, both public and private, ranging in size from small businesses to market leaders. In addition to revenue, the industry market analysis shows information on employees, companies, and average firm size.
Investors, banks, and business executives use growth rates and industry trends to understand the market outlook and opportunity.
|Statistics||2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017|
Order at top of page
|Average Revenue Per Firm|
|Average Employees Per Firm|
Market Forecast[PREMIUM]Market forecasts show the long term industry outlook and future growth trends. The following five-year demand forecast projects both short-term and long-term trends.
|Forecast / Industry Outlook||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021||2022|
|Market Forecast ($ millions)|
|Projected Industry Growth Rate (%)|
U.S. Geographic Distribution: Revenue Statistics by StateMarket Size by State ($ millions) indicates how the industry's competition is distributed throughout the country. State-level information can identify areas with higher and lower industry market share than average.
Primary Metal Manufacturing Industry Price TrendsRise and fall in market prices are affectedd by supply, demand, and the cost of goods/services sold. Higher demand or COGS will put upward price pressure on prices. Higher competition among Primary Metal Manufacturing companies will put a downward pressure on prices. The chart shows how prices are changing within the industry, month-to-month over the last three years.
Income Statement (Average Financial Metrics)Financial metrics provide a snapshot view of a benchmark "average" company. Key business metrics show revenue and operating costs. The data collected covers both public and private companies.
|Industry Average||Percent of Sales|
Order at top of page
|Cost of Goods Sold|
|Pension, profit sharing plans, stock, annuity|
|Rent paid on business property|
|Domestic production activities deduction|
|Compensation of officers|
|Salaries and wages|
|Employee benefit programs|
|Taxes and Licenses|
|Other Operating Expenses|
|Total Operating Expenses|
|EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes)|
|Earnings Before Taxes|
Financial Ratio AnalysisFinancial ratio information can be used to benchmark how a Primary Metal Manufacturing company compares to its peers. Accounting statistics are calculated from the industry-average for income statements and balance sheets.
|Profitability & Valuation Ratios||Industry Average|
|Company valuation can be measured based on the firm's own performance, as well as in comparison against its industry competitors. These metrics show how the average company in the Primary Metal Manufacturing industry is performing.|
Gross Profit Margin, Operating Profit Margin, and Net Profit Margin. Show company earnings relative to revenues.
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Return on Equity (ROE) is net income as a percentage of shareholders' equity. Shareholders' Equity is defined as the company's total assets minus total liabilities. ROE shows how much profits a company generates with the money shareholders invested (or with retained earnings).
|Return on Assets (ROA)
Return on Assets (ROA) is net income relative to total assets. The market research on Primary Metal Manufacturing measures how efficiently the company leverages its assets to generate profit. ROA is calculated as Net Income divided by Total Assets.
|Liquidity Ratios||Industry Average|
|Bankers and suppliers use liquidity to determine creditworthiness and identify potential threats to a company's financial viability.|
Measures a firm's ability to pay its debts over the next 12 months.
|Quick Ratio (Acid Test)
Calculates liquid assets relative to liabilities, excluding inventories.
|Efficiency Ratios - Key Performance Indicators||Industry Average|
|Measure how quickly products and services sell, and effectively collections policies are implemented.|
|Receivables Turnover Ratio
If this number is low in your business when compared to the industry average in the research report, it may mean your payment terms are too lenient or that you are not doing a good enough job on collections.
|Average Collection Period
Based on the Receivables Turnover, this estimates the collection period in days. Calculated as 365 divided by the Receivables Turnover
A low turnover rate may point to overstocking, obsolescence, or deficiencies in the product line or marketing effort.
Generally, higher is better, since it indicates the business has less money tied up in fixed assets for each dollar of sales revenue.
Compensation & Salary Surveys for EmployeesCompensation statistics provides an accurate assessment of industry-specific jobs and national salary averages. This information can be used to identify which positions are most common, and high, low, and average annual wages.
|Title||Percent of Workforce||Bottom Quartile||Average (Median) Salary||Upper Quartile|
Order at top of page
|General and Operations Managers||1%|
|Office and Administrative Support Occupations||7%|
|Construction and Extraction Occupations||6%|
|Construction Trades Workers||5%|
|Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||11%|
|Other Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations||9%|
|Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers||6%|
|Industrial Machinery Mechanics||9%|
|Supervisors of Production Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers||6%|
|Metal Workers and Plastic Workers||39%|
|Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||9%|
|Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||11%|
|Machine Tool Cutting Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||7%|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||5%|
|Metal Furnace Operators, Tenders, Pourers, and Casters||7%|
|Metal-Refining Furnace Operators and Tenders||6%|
|Molders and Molding Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||6%|
|Foundry Mold and Coremakers||7%|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||9%|
|Other Production Occupations||11%|
|Miscellaneous Production Workers||7%|
|Transportation and Material Moving Occupations||8%|
|Material Moving Workers||7%|
|Laborers and Material Movers, Hand||5%|
Primary Metal Manufacturing Industry Market Share [PREMIUM]Largest companies in the industry and related industries, with private company revenue estimates.
|United States Steel||212|
Additional companies, details and innovation scoring in the full report.
Latest Industry News
- Metal fabricator sells business - Recently, it has taken on additional work assisting in the manufacturing of sheet metal for a number of Thermotron’s environmental test chambers. “Thermotron quickly became a primary customer for Lakewood, and it was a good fit, especially given our ... (01/10/2018)
- Metal Casting Market to Grow at 8.87% CAGR to 2025 | ReportsnReports - name=1274408 . The primary objective of the study is to define, describe, and forecast the metal casting market by process, IC vehicle type, components, hybrid & electric vehicle type, and region. It analyzes the opportunities offered by various segments ... (01/09/2018)
- West Point Auto building may host cannabis manufacturing, distribution - The manufacturing facility would ... be conditioned to paint over all exposed metal surfaces with an exterior paint color that blends in and matches with the building’s existing exterior paint color. The primary color would be of a muted palette ... (01/07/2018)
- Manufacturing Employment Was Solid in 2017 on Improvements in the Economic Outlook - The largest increases were in the machinery (up 6,000), fabricated metal products (up 5,400), food manufacturing (up 4,500), computer and electronic products (up 3,000), primary metals (up 2,600), chemicals (up 1,900), nonmetallic mineral products (up ... (01/05/2018)
- 5 Fidelity Funds To Buy On Phenomenal Manufacturing Data - Among the 18 industries that were surveyed, 15 reported growth. Some of these industries include: Machinery; Primary Metals; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Fabricated Metal Products; Chemical Products; Nonmetallic Mineral Products; Electrical Equipment ... (01/05/2018)
- ISM reports strong finish for manufacturing in 2017 - ISM said that 16 of the 18 manufacturing industries reported growth in December, including: Machinery; Computer & Electronic Products; Paper Products; Apparel, Leather & Allied Products; Printing & Related Support Activities; Primary Metals; Nonmetallic ... (01/04/2018)
- Nigeria’s Manufacturing Index Sustains Expansion for Nine Months - primary metal and electrical equipment. However, the computer and electronic product sector contracted in the review month. On the other hand, at 63.2 points, the production level index for the manufacturing sector grew for the tenth consecutive month in ... (01/04/2018)
- Manufacturing Grows for the 16th Consecutive Month, According to the December 2017 Manufacturing ISM Report On Business - Of the 18 manufacturing industries, 16 reported growth in December in the following order: Machinery; Computer & Electronic Products; Paper Products; Apparel, Leather & Allied Products; Printing & Related Support Activities; Primary Metals; Nonmetallic ... (01/03/2018)
- Sciaky Posts Record December with the Sale of Four EBAM® Metal 3D Printing Systems - As the most widely scalable, metal additive manufacturing solution in the industry (in terms ... This innovative closed-loop control is the primary reason that Sciaky's EBAM 3D printing process delivers consistent part geometry, mechanical properties ... (01/03/2018)
- PMI® at 59.7%; December Manufacturing ISM® Report On Business® - Primary Metals; Nonmetallic Mineral Products; Petroleum & Coal Products; Plastics & Rubber Products; Miscellaneous Manufacturing; Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products; Furniture & Related Products; Transportation Equipment; Chemical Products; Fabricated Metal ... (01/03/2018)
Government ContractsIn 2016, the federal government spent a total of $751,033,957 on Primary Metal Manufacturing. It has awarded 4,235 contracts to 925 companies, with an average value of $811,929 per company.
Top government vendors:
|Company||Federal Contracts||Total Award Amount|
Can't find what you're looking for? We have over a thousand market research reports. Ask us and an analyst will help you find what you need.